Welcome to the 2016-17 cycle!

3 minutes ago, darthmoeder said:

For those who said they were rejected from Northwestern: did you get a rejection email/is it reflected in your online application's activity page? I applied with a theory subfield and didn't get any email. Not sure if that means there's still hope, or that I should consider that a rejection. 

No, but acceptances were sent out last week and you have to reply until this Friday to book everything for the open house.

1 hour ago, Monody said:

How many are you still waiting for? For me it's still 6 to go but I feel awful since the Princeton rejection yesterday.

Five more to go for me. I keep hoping that my schools will break from their past trend of releasing mid-late February and that I'll be pleasantly surprised to find a notification from them in my inbox... I am really most interested in only three of the five, though. But still. Waiting is a drag.

35 minutes ago, Kenga said:

No, but acceptances were sent out last week and you have to reply until this Friday to book everything for the open house.

Thanks for the reply. Good to know - now I won't have to keep waiting

Edited by darthmoeder

I have 10 more here. Expecting rejections from at least 6 after yesterday. 2 are great fits, two are lower tier schools. I wish the best for everyone who's waiting. 

And everyone tells me that it's going to be okay as it's told by @Kenga, but my inner thoughts are the same :)

It might be a bit petty of me, but I'm rather ticked that some schools *cough*Northwestern*cough* can't even be bothered to send out a form rejection email. Just give us some freakin' closure!

34 minutes ago, krapp said:

It might be a bit petty of me, but I'm rather ticked that some schools *cough*Northwestern*cough* can't even be bothered to send out a form rejection email. Just give us some freakin' closure!

I think those will take another while.

45 minutes ago, ugurcanevci said:

I have 10 more here. Expecting rejections from at least 6 after yesterday. 2 are great fits, two are lower tier schools. I wish the best for everyone who's waiting. 

And everyone tells me that it's going to be okay as it's told by @Kenga, but my inner thoughts are the same :)

It may be told by me, however that does not mean that I believe it for myself. My inner self is like: you're stupid, you won't get in anywhere, etc.

I agree it is rude for programs not to give applicants the courtesy of a rejection, especially given application fees...it's not exactly like they're working for free.

Anyway, it's my first time posting here so I'll be brief: I, too, was a bit disappointed and surprised not to receive "informal acceptance" from Princeton yesterday, but I think there's a reason auto-rejects don't post immediately...GS admins could override or DGS could have a change of heart or "priority" as they pertain to institutional diversity initiatives.  

As a Princeton alumnnus (masters) and URM, I can speak from experience that URM representation is exceptionally poor among doctoral students specifically, not just at Princeton but nearly everywhere. I'm still looking forward to hearing from other places however and wish much success and happiness to all recent admits.  Congrats you earned it!

Edited by selectionbias

5 minutes ago, selectionbias said:

I agree it is rude for programs not to give applicants the courtesy of a rejection, especially given application fees...it's not exactly like they're working for free.

Anyway, it's my first time posting here so I'll be brief: I, too, was a bit disappointed and surprised not to receive "informal acceptance" from Princeton yesterday, but I think there's a reason auto-rejects don't post immediately...GS admins could override or DGS could have a change of heart or "priority" as they pertain to institutional diversity initiatives.  

As a Princeton alumnnus (masters) and URM, I can speak from experience that URM representation is exceptionally poor among doctoral students specifically, not just at Princeton but nearly everywhere. I'm still looking forward to hearing from other places however and wish much success and happiness to all recent admits.  Congrats you earned it!

Good insight, thanks for sharing. I would love to have a formal rejection, something! This empty mailbox is honestly killing me (although I am proud of how clean I have kept my Gmail!)

3 minutes ago, RevTheory1126 said:

This empty mailbox is honestly killing me (although I am proud of how clean I have kept my Gmail!)

Yes, spam mail is deleted within minutes. If only my office would be as clean as that mailbox ...

If we consider Berkeley and Princeton as rejects, I am three rejections and await on 6 more humbly (and why not count princeton and berkeley? In Russia, if something goes away and you don't hear more, you assume is gone). If doctor of science of politics don't work out, I will pursue career in husbandry of animals. I feel especially drawn to moose and fish. 

c78302e8cb5d33f75e2f4a5f05b87678.jpg

slide_310643_2751170_free.jpg

Edited by Shirtless Putin's Horse

I freaked out when I saw NYU but nobody is claiming it and no more is coming, so maybe a troll? Apparently, the troll is also seeing the forums, so we should be careful. 

Edited by ugurcanevci

9 minutes ago, ugurcanevci said:

I freaked out when I saw NYU but nobody is claiming it and no more is coming, so maybe a troll? Apparently, the troll is also seeing the forums, so we should be careful. 

As long as nobody claims it, 

14479916.jpg

Edited by Kenga

6 minutes ago, Bibica said:

Congrats! Was it by phone like the one that was posted in the results page?

I got an email from a POI yesterday saying he wanted to discuss my app with me. I got the email acceptance literally 15 minutes ago. 

6 minutes ago, correlatesoftheory said:

I got an email from a POI yesterday saying he wanted to discuss my app with me. I got the email acceptance literally 15 minutes ago. 

Congratulations. You're rocking it this cycle.

2 minutes ago, polisci13542 said:

Do people know around what time (in the schools time zone) schools give out acceptances? At least I can give up at a certain time...

I troll in me says between 8am and 5pm. 
Although more realistically speaking, I accept them more around the early afternoon. So between 2 to 4 pm.

2 minutes ago, correlatesoftheory said:

Thanks! Yes, I'm very content with my choices so far. I just want Stanford and/or NYU to come through! I think we'll see both of these schools within the next week. 

I would like for Stanford to come through too. But I fear that when they email me, it won't be the type of email I hoped for.

38 minutes ago, polisci13542 said:

Do people know around what time (in the schools time zone) schools give out acceptances? At least I can give up at a certain time...

There's really no answer to this. For example UT was at like 6 in the morning, Princeton was at like 10, and Berkeley was at around 5 in the evening.

Also claiming the result from Texas Tech (TTU). :):):) Got the e-mail a couple of hours ago proposing TA for the first year, TA for all the summer vacations (4 years) and additional funding from the department. They also sent a very kind e-mail regarding visa issues after Trump's temporary ban and changes in migration policies.