Welcome to the 2016-17 cycle!

20 minutes ago, RevTheory1126 said:

Haven't heard anything else from Vanderbilt, I imagine they will stick pretty close to their timeline given how precise they were in the initial email.

Haven't heard as well, but I think they probably intend to schedule interviews for the next week.

What I wonder about interviews: are they for classification or elimination or confirmation or all of the above mixed?

Edited by VMcJ
typo

46 minutes ago, RevTheory1126 said:

Haven't heard anything else from Vanderbilt, I imagine they will stick pretty close to their timeline given how precise they were in the initial email.

Yea. They mentioned that they may get in touch in the first week, hence thought I'd just check in. Thanks!

28 minutes ago, VMcJ said:

Haven't heard as well, but I think they probably intend to schedule interviews for the next week.

What I wonder about interviews: are they for classification or elimination or confirmation or all of the above mixed?

Oh, is it? Have no idea about the interviews. Any idea what they tend to cover during the interview? 

Anyway will keep you posted in case I hear anything!

2 minutes ago, Wallflower8 said:

Oh, is it? Have no idea about the interviews. Any idea what they tend to cover during the interview? 

Anyway will keep you posted in case I hear anything!

I just re-read the email, my best guess is they will be reaching out to collect more information about research interests, career goals, etc. Now I'm all nervous about that! Yikes. I'll say it again: I guess I won't be eating/sleeping anytime soon...

10 minutes ago, RevTheory1126 said:

I just re-read the email, my best guess is they will be reaching out to collect more information about research interests, career goals, etc. Now I'm all nervous about that! Yikes. I'll say it again: I guess I won't be eating/sleeping anytime soon...

Tell me about it. Have been waking up in the middle of the night to check my phone. Out with it already. 

9 hours ago, concrema said:

Hi everyone. I got several acceptances and rejections and wanna share these. 

* Accepted: University of Arizona(TA or RA / 15000$ per year for 5 years + one-time 5000$), Rutgers(TA or RA / 25000$ per year for four years + summer mentoring offer 3000$), SUNY at Albany(funding not yet decided and will come out in the next few weeks), U.C. Davis(funidng not yet decided and will come out in the next few days)

* Interview: USC(had a Skype interview last Friday but  pessimistic about the result - there has been no notification yet), Michigan State(will have a Skype interview this Friday).

* Rejected: GWU(via mail to check the portal), Emory(via mail), Austin(via mail to check the portal)

* Counting as rejections: Northwestern, UCLA, U.C. Berkeley

And, I am wondering

1) if those who got admitted to Davis were notified of any information about funding.

2) if there is anyone who is having an interview or already has done it.

(Is this for some kinda double-check after actual decisions have already been made or for dropping the candidates from their short-list?

Congrats on all of your acceptances! When did you hear back from Rutgers? I'm still waiting and haven't seen any updates on the results page (so haven't given up hope yet!)

4 hours ago, oakeshott said:

Does anyone have any insider info on Stanford, Columbia, or MIT? Any chance we'll get a Princeton-style surprise this week? 

Bumping this question from earlier! 

Does anyone want to claim the Columbia acceptances?? 

Yeah, the Columbia decisions remain unclaimed and although I suspect they're not legitimate, it makes me nervous every time I see it D:

2 minutes ago, jge said:

Yeah, the Columbia decisions remain unclaimed and although I suspect they're not legitimate, it makes me nervous every time I see it D:

Same here...

Plus, there's a third one now :o

3 minutes ago, jge said:

And just when I'd resigned myself to not hearing any news today. Maybe if I stare intently at my email I'll get a notification? Or is it like a watched pot?

7 minutes ago, Comparativist said:

I'm much more inclined to like the massive wave rather than the trickle...at least you know where you stand in a relatively short period of time.

I couldn't agree more. And at least there's some adrenaline involved.

This is just a slow drip of misery... 

Edited by oakeshott

5 minutes ago, HermioneWannabe said:

More than 3 :-(

Columbia and UNC will be the death of me.

Oh, yikes. :(

Here are two things that make me optimistic though:

1. It seems that in previous years decisions have trickled out. So hopefully this year is similar, especially because this is a bit early for them and so having *all* decisions ready to go out now would be quite a change from previous cycles!
  2. The more decisions that appear in the results section *without* anyone claiming them here, the more I suspect trolls might be at work. It wouldn't be that unusual for 1-2 people who don't post / read the message boards to post in the results section, but it would be a bit of a surprise if that number goes up to 4-5...Does that make any sense? 

At any rate: Good luck to us all! 

7 minutes ago, oakeshott said:

Oh, yikes. :(

Here are two things that make me optimistic though:

1. It seems that in previous years decisions have trickled out. So hopefully this year is similar, especially because this is a bit early for them and so having *all* decisions ready to go out now would be quite a change from previous cycles!
  2. The more decisions that appear in the results section *without* anyone claiming them here, the more I suspect trolls might be at work. It wouldn't be that unusual for 1-2 people who don't post / read the message boards to post in the results section, but it would be a bit of a surprise if that number goes up to 4-5...Does that make any sense? 

At any rate: Good luck to us all! 

Yeah I agree with all of that.

2 minutes ago, as2472 said:

Agreed re: not likely to be 5+ people posting results without also checking this forum, but also just saw another go up.... 

Interesting to note that none of them have comments / notes, which seems a bit strange too