Directing MFA 2017 - Who's with me?!

KillerWingfield

5 hours ago, Directorial said:

Meanwhile, a different friend of mine just got an interview at Yale so those calls are going out. Anybody else land one? 

Wow I didn't expect them to do calls on a Friday. No Yale call for me as of yet. I guess I'll hold out hope until Tuesday before accepting my first reject. @Directorial do you know when your friend submitted their application? 

Edited by GunningForGrad

On 1/7/2017 at 4:49 AM, GunningForGrad said:

Wow I didn't expect them to do calls on a Friday. No Yale call for me as of yet. I guess I'll hold out hope until Tuesday before accepting my first reject. @Directorial do you know when your friend submitted their application? 

I am afraid I don't. And she didn't get the call on Friday that is just when I heard about it.

On 1/7/2017 at 4:49 AM, GunningForGrad said:

Yale often does their interviews in waves. Two years ago, I had friends who were in a small last minute interview day when Liz came to NYC the first week of january and then friends who got calls three weeks later. We think the first group were the ones she was extremely interested in, but none of my friends made it to the callback.  Also this year, they had a city preference in the application so I'm thinking the ones who clicked Chicago & San Fran will be called later? I clicked Chicago and no call for me yet. 

@Directorialfor sharing. it's helpful to hear. @Boseph16 two years ago was anomaly bc liz was mid production during interviews. i got a call that year around the same time others did (before that winter gap- my interview was early). last year it looks like the forum got their calls all within a two day stretch. of course i hope you're right, but i wanted to share. 

i find it strange that no one on here got an interview for yale though. at least a few should have... but ce la vie! more schools to put focus on. 

i applied to bu too. i'm really excited about there program, so hope to hear from them in a month or so.

Edited by Prospero

Happy Monday! So I missed a call from a 203 area code this morning while I was teaching and they didn't leave a message. Kind of freaking out.... just a little bit. ?

Now that all the apps are done and submitted, the reality of all all this is starting to sink in. 

@Boseph16 @GunningForGrad— I called the number back and it was an automative recording saying that number can't accept incoming calls.  My phone won't leave my side for the rest of the day!!! Also, I do know of one actress who received a call on Thursday the 5th.

Edited by Loose.tap.screws

Don't remember if I mentioned this, but UCSD extended their deadline to today... so if anyone was thinking about them but didn't apply then YOU HAVE TODAY! 

UT Austin let me know that things won't move forward until mid-february (MORE WAITING :() Probably won't hear back from UCSD until then either. 

Thanks @Prospero!

@Boseph16, when/how did you hear that from UT? I know my status says "currently in review" and last time I checked before then it still showed as "submitted".

Do most programs send out emails every time the portal is updated? Or is it wise to constantly check each schools online application?! 

Also, still no call back from that number. As always, hoping for the best but expecting the worst. I will say though... in September I paid off my biggest student loan debt from undergraduate school (!!!), and ever since, I have been getting calls weekly from scam companies saying I qualify for student loan forgiveness. A part of me wonders if that was just another scam call thinking I'm gullible.  But if I'm going to now start getting calls from area codes of importance, I'm going to be extremely pissed off! Haha 

19 minutes ago, Loose.tap.screws said:

@Boseph16, when/how did you hear that from UT? I know my status says "currently in review" and last time I checked before then it still showed as "submitted".

I talked to the head of the program this fall and that is the timeline I wrote in the notes from the conversation. Would love it if it came sooner lol 

@GunningForGrad yes! That is the first thing I did when I noticed the missed call and didn't receive any new voicemails before calling back.  Nothing suspicious showed up for that number when I looked it up on google,  but the number also didn't show up as anything legit. 

@Loose.tap.screws you don't need to recheck your apps unless you think it's not submitted or you're waiting on the school to receive a document. Usually once it's submitted the "submitted" notification will be sufficient. In the past I have received calls from schools that have only read "submitted" on my application. @GunningForGrad my app for yale has never changed statuses once submitted.  Thank goodness we have this forum, otherwise our collective search for answers might explode the world!

DID ANYONE HEAR FROM YALE TODAY?