Directing MFA 2017 - Who's with me?!

KillerWingfield

Oh wow, that was a while ago! Did you interview on campus? I'm excited to meet with Yuri.

What are your thoughts on what to bring portfolio wise to Brown and DePaul? Do you have your monologue picked and prepped yet? 

I definitely feel you on that crazy schedule! 

Good vibes to everyone in the coming weeks. Things are happening!

9 hours ago, GunningForGrad said:

@Boseph16 Pretty sure your Yale interview is today! Sending you luck and hope you'll report in and let us know how it is!

Yes it was! Honestly, Yuri was amazing. You could tell he THOROUGHLY read all my materials (unlike CMU and UCLA) and was actually interested in what makes me excited as a director. He asked some typical questions but it felt much more like a conversation between artists than an interview. My nerves were extinguished within minutes. 

At this point, I can't get my hopes up due to the number of applicants, but I left that interview very excited. 

He said we would hear either way within 10 days and the callback will be end of February. 

@Boseph16 that is amazing! I am so happy for you. I hope I feel that awesome after mine. I wish I had a "warm up" interview of sorts instead of starting off with Yale right out of the gate. But it sounds like Yuri is the perfect person to talk to.

Now...I know that they said we don't need to bring anything. Did that ring true? What about you @steffybolt?

37 minutes ago, GunningForGrad said:

Now...I know that they said we don't need to bring anything. Did that ring true? What about you @steffybolt?

When we were discussing one of my last original pieces, he did ask if I had photos because he's a visual person. He got out his laptop to look up my website but I had my iPad portfolio which had more photos than my site. Dunno if that's normal but thank god I brought it just in case... 

Well I officially withdrew my application from UCLA. Even if they did accept me (which I doubt seeing how impersonal they were in my interview) I wouldn't go into that much debt. Brings my school list down to 6, with a clear top 3 (Iowa, Yale, Austin) in my head. 

The wait for UCSD and UT Austin is KILLING ME! WHY is it so much later than every other school?! :angry:

Edited by Boseph16

@Boseph16 sounds like you made the right decision for yourself in regards to UCLA. UCSD should be reaching out in the next week or two! 

@AgentMike the day I can perform a 20 page monologue in 90 seconds is the day I break the time barrier. It'a for a show I'm working on here at home. Don't have Brown for a little bit longer! Looking forward to it though- I'm excited about the monologue I finally settled on for it.

How's everyone else holding up? How are interviews going? We're in the thick of it now!

Any further thoughts on CMU? Guessing they will be reaching out early this week for callbacks... anyone have previous experience with them? Any info on the process?

Hope everyone is finding some time to relax! Best of luck all. 

Looking at previous timelines and what we've heard from programs this year, the next two weeks should result in lots of anxiety and hopefully lots of good news! 

@BSBDirector I don't have any insights on CMU- although from previous threads, it seemed they weren't always that great about communicating in a timely manner? It could have been a fluke of a single year though. 

Fingers crossed, friends!

13 hours ago, BSBDirector said:

Any further thoughts on CMU? Guessing they will be reaching out early this week for callbacks... anyone have previous experience with them? Any info on the process?

Hope everyone is finding some time to relax! Best of luck all. 

Caden said 3 weeks from interviews, so the emails may not even come until next week. If I'm lucky enough to get any offers from my URTA schools, I think I'll turn down a CMU callback. Got such a bad feeling from that interview.... 

URTA offers can go out as soon as Feb 13th. After my Iowa interview, we got an email with the financial packages also stating that we will hear "on or about Feb 13th".... So one week from today we could hear.... longest two week wait of my life. HAHA

I'm nannying and starting a new day job and preparing for a workshop of a new piece at the end of Feb, so I'm busy but I can't them off my mind... 

Edited by Boseph16

16 minutes ago, eekBostitch said:

@BSBDirector @Boseph16 re: CMU, I'm 99% sure that the callback weekend is Feb 25 - 27, so I have a feeling if we don't hear in the next couple of days then it is safe to assume that we'll be getting a rejection letter in mid-February

It was said that Yale's callback weekend would be the end of February too and they're just starting to wrap up first round interviews. And Yuri won't even be back in New Haven to discuss applicants for a few more days because he's visiting with his family while in Chicago. Looking at previous timelines, it looks like people got about 7-10 days to make the trip happen from the call to the callback weekend. So it wouldn't surprise me if CMU came early next week for an invitation. Who knows though. It's all shrouded in mystery.

Glad to hear you're keeping busy @Boseph16! I'm acting in something right now and have another show opening soon and I'm prepping to start on my next directing project. And yet here I am...clicking and refreshing...

11 hours ago, KillerWingfield said:

@Boseph16 I didn't get any such email after my URTA interview with Alan... :mellow:

Hmm... did you talk about the financial package in the interview? He said he forgot to mention it to me and that's why he sent the email.