Directing MFA 2017 - Who's with me?!

KillerWingfield

Congrats @boseph16, sincerely. I also heard from Iowa and am on the waitlist. It was a very nice, encouraging call. Iowa really has lovely people in their program. Cést la vie.

Edited by Directorial

Congrats @Boseph16! And to you @Directorial! @galbi7892 is right in saying that THAT is a huge accomplishment.

And Boseph, I think you should trust your gut. Sounds like Iowa could bring you a lot of fulfillment. 

Just finished my interview at Brown and got to meet @steffybolt in person. Sounds like this could be an exciting week of news for everyone. Luck to all!

Congratulations @Boseph16 on your offer to Iowa and @Directorial on getting waitlisted! That is HUGE! So happy for you both! 

It's been a few weeks since I've checked this forum, been extremely busy with pre-production work and life. Im starting to get anxious about all this grad school stuff! Trying to stay preoccupied! 

There has been a ton of posts since I last checked this (and a few new posters!), I need to go back and read through everyone's posts once I'm done teaching dance in a few hours. 

I'll be spending the rest of my night buried in THE BROTHERS SIZE and research, I've taken a few days off from it to clear my head and come back with a fresh mindset.  Speaking of— I'll be in the 9am-1pm group for DePaul's finals on Saturday!  Anyone else in that group? Anyone else going to the dinner and Erin's   Second year Directing project? 

I'm starting to get nervous for Saturday! Not so much for the interview, but the idea of directing a scene and doing my thing with an entire faculty watching me is pretty intimidating. Haha

I also have procrastinated on finishing FAFSA applications and need to finish those tonight and tomorrow. I wish I knew if I was still in the running or cut from the programs I haven't heard from yet... especially CalArts. I assume I was rejected because I feel they would have said something.... but can't risk it as that program is ridiculously expensive! 

I was cut from Penn State since the last time I posted. So didn't make it to the final 4 on campus audition. I was a little bummed as I've been obsessed with that program for more than a decade. I had 4 close friends who I grew up training with in their undergraduate MT program and another friend in their MFA program.  

And CONGRATS AGAIN Boseph16 and Directorial!!!  Ahhhhh! ?

^ and I wrote that yesterday but kept getting an error message so couldn't send. 

Sorry about the Yale rejects! Anyone get the good news Yale? I haven't gotten a reject from Austin yet..... but my personal website and theatre company's Facebook page and website have gotten tons of hits the past few days. 

Got out a call from a 773 number a few hours ago and was so hoping it was NU. Alas it was just a friend. I mean I get Chicago calls all the time but they're always 312 and not 773. ?

Welcome back @Loose.tap.screws! Thanks for the updates! I'll be in the same group as you at DePaul this Saturday- looking forward to it! I unfortunately can't stay for the dinner and show but I know it'll be great. I also think that Erin is a third-year. She was in tech when I was up there a couple weeks ago and the second-years are Jacob and Michael.

Edited by GunningForGrad

I haven't heard anything from anybody. I assume that since @Boseph16 and @Directorial both found out that they were accepted/wait listed respectively at Iowa (Congrats to both of you!!!) on Monday that I will be getting a rejection from them one of these days.

Still don't think I want to go to East 15, but it would be nice to see how they felt about me.

UMass Amherst is still processing the applications. I wonder when we will be hearing from that program.

Monday was a rough day for me - very discouraging, but I am keeping my chin up! Gotta prepare myself to do some good work and do better next year!

Good luck to you guys at DePaul! and to the rest of you waiting. Hopefully there's good news for all!

Got my Yale rejection letter today! Woot!

@galbi7892 - I got interested in VT because of a few professionals I know who either went through the program or know Bob Leonard. They all say it's great. I'm particularly interested in the fact that it focuses on Public Dialogue and I like the emphasis on Appalachia. I feel bad, after my application got deleted in their server crash, I've been running around doing my day job (production management) so I haven't been able to reapply (the new deadline is March 1st).

Just reached out to UCSD and looks like interviews were scheduled for tomorrow and Saturday... don't know if that's the only round of first interviews or not,  but I won't be holding out any hope. 

Edited by Boseph16

@galbi7892 I wouldn't be worried. I received a number of e-mails both from Bob Leonard and from the admissions department. Apparently the crash only deleted applications submitted on the 15th, so if you pressed submit before then, you're probably fine. 

Edited by JamesBrown