2017 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admission Results

neuroundergrad

15 hours ago, NeuroHopeful2017 said:

Have any interviewees heard back from UCLA NSIDP?  It looks like they sent a round of rejections on 3/7, and I didn't get anything. 

I got an email on 3/6 and my interviews were through skype a week before that! 

2 hours ago, m21 said:

I got an email on 3/6 and my interviews were through skype a week before that! 

You already got an acceptance notification?  Congrats!!!  Did you hear from a prof or one of the program coordinators?

I got a couple encouraging replies to my thank yous this past week (profs saying they hope I come to UCLA).  I haven't gotten an explicit decision notification yet, so I'm nervous.  It's my first choice, and idk if I should follow up or not.  

16 hours ago, NeuroHopeful2017 said:

You already got an acceptance notification?  Congrats!!!  Did you hear from a prof or one of the program coordinators?

I got a couple encouraging replies to my thank yous this past week (profs saying they hope I come to UCLA).  I haven't gotten an explicit decision notification yet, so I'm nervous.  It's my first choice, and idk if I should follow up or not.  

Thank you! I got an email from the chair of program and one from a diversity coordinator. As I said, I interviewed by phone so I'm not sure how they are releasing their decisions for people that interviewed in person.

I really hope you hear back soon though! I would be patient and wait a bit. Maybe you can call the coordinator sometime later this week to ask when they plan to notify applicants? Best of luck!

Has anyone heard anything from University of Cincinnati yet? I've checked with their office a few times and they keep pushing the date back, and I'm starting to wonder if it's a nice way of avoiding having to tell me that they've already done the interviews.

4 hours ago, dopaminergicdiva said:

Has anyone heard anything from University of Cincinnati yet? I've checked with their office a few times and they keep pushing the date back, and I'm starting to wonder if it's a nice way of avoiding having to tell me that they've already done the interviews.

Hey! I had an interview at UC for the Neuroscience Graduate Program in early February, so I believe they're finished with the interviews.

58 minutes ago, levelground said:

MIT BCS emails are going out. I've been waitlisted.

Here's to hoping those who intend to decline do so quickly!

I'll be declining, so hopefully that helps :) My host did tell me that they over offer, they don't just offer exactly what they need and then waitlist. So I'm wondering if the waitlist tends to move? A friend of mine is also on the waitlist so I'd be curious to know if anyone knows anything about MIT BCS waitlist. Did they tell you where on the waitlist you are?

2 hours ago, Nomad1111 said:

I'll be declining, so hopefully that helps :) My host did tell me that they over offer, they don't just offer exactly what they need and then waitlist. So I'm wondering if the waitlist tends to move? A friend of mine is also on the waitlist so I'd be curious to know if anyone knows anything about MIT BCS waitlist. Did they tell you where on the waitlist you are?

I have a friend who was waitlisted last year. He was told that they don't waitlist that many people. It's around 1-2, possibly 3 per an area, for instance systems neuroscience. He didn't hear back until April 16 or 17, and didn't get in.

12 hours ago, dopaminergicdiva said:

Is anyone still waiting on a decision?! I didn't get an interview so I'm assuming I've been rejected, but it'd be nice to get some sort of acknowledgement that my application existed either way.

Yeah I'm sorry but it's a rejection at this point. I think if you haven't gotten one at this point then the software the program uses probably waits until the last day (April 15th, I think?) until they send them out. 

For anyone on the MIT BCS waitlist:

"I can tell you that we’re very close to hitting our target enrollment number which means it’s very unlikely that we’ll be pulling candidates from the waitlist this year. I hope this helps you with your decision to entertain other offers you’ve received." From Julianne Gale Ormerod