2017 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admission Results

neuroundergrad

12 minutes ago, Cervello said:

During interviews, has anyone been asked where else they are interviewing (they already know where I've applied since I answered that question in full on the application)? If so, how do you reply? Do you answer vaguely (I'm interviewing at 5 comparable programs) or do you name the schools? What do you think are the pros/cons to either response?

I've been asked this by a quite a few of the PIs who've interviewed me and so far I've been answering honestly and telling them the school names. They usually just say something along the lines of "It sounds like you'll have some good options" and then tell me why I should come to their school instead

26 minutes ago, neuroslice said:

I've been asked this by a quite a few of the PIs who've interviewed me and so far I've been answering honestly and telling them the school names. They usually just say something along the lines of "It sounds like you'll have some good options" and then tell me why I should come to their school instead

oh god, does it look bad if I have to answer this is the only interview I have?

On 1/28/2017 at 2:53 PM, cmykrgb said:

oh god, does it look bad if I have to answer this is the only interview I have?

It shouldn't. So much comes down to chance, and there's clearly a reason why you've got an interview with them in the first place. Stick to your strengths, don't lie, and everything will be fine. Good luck!

On 2017. 1. 26. at 11:53 AM, iwtlhf said:

Hello, guys.

I'm the international and I applied to the BSTP of CWRU, UT health and science center at Houston, U of Maimi (PIBS) and U of Kentucky (IBS).

Is there anyone who is an international student to get the email from them?

I really hope that I can know when my waiting will be done at least.

And I saw some assumption that the reviewing process and initiation for the international is different with domestic. Is it true?

If it is, is there someone to explain how different it is? 

Thanks!

I am an international student from Korea too (not a neuro applicant tho). I heard back from UTH GSBS before Christmas, and I will be interviewing on Feb. 23 - 25. 

39 minutes ago, ChipsAndGuac said:

Any word on NYU Neural Science?

I will go to the interview tomorrow, and I believe that's the last interview for the program. 

They originally gave me two options: last week or this week. 

On 1/31/2017 at 11:05 AM, pemmymiranda said:

Does anyone know if BU is done sending out invites? 

There's only 1 post in the Results section from Tuesday, and no one has mentioned anything about BU in this thread (except for me asking about it). What would make you think they're done sending out invites?

2 hours ago, dbBDK said:

There's only 1 post in the Results section from Tuesday, and no one has mentioned anything about BU in this thread (except for me asking about it). What would make you think they're done sending out invites?

I am wondering the same thing!

I applied to both the Anatomy and Neurobiology and the GPN programs. I was just contacted by the admin for AaN program asking for clarification on a piece of my application so I think it might be safe to say they're still in the review process!

Has anyone else been placed on the waitlist (to interview) for Brown/NIH dual program? Kind of losing my mind around it! 0_o

Edited by lswat33

@dbBDK I have heard from other people outside this forum who have received interviews from BU. I thought it would be logical to ask and confirm. Why waste time guessing/hoping when you can know for sure and move on, is my philosophy. But maybe that's just me. 

I haven't heard from UW either.  A few of the current students said they heard back quickly, so I was expecting to hear back later this week or early next week.

Edited by seven27
mystery and intrigue

On 2/13/2017 at 1:44 PM, Chingoo said:

Hey folks, any idea how many interviews MIT sends out (and how many of those are accepted)? Any tips? It's like my only real shot. :P

I'm not totally sure, but we know they're looking to enroll 15-20, so let's say they offer to 2x that, so let's be conservative and say they send out 30 admissions offers. Although I've seen from previous years that they hold a waitlist, so they might offer to 15-20 and waitlist the rest and rolling admit. They only have one interview weekend, so we'll see pretty quick how many people they're interviewing soon (plus a few extra for international applicants residing overseas) :)