2017 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admission Results

neuroundergrad

Has anybody here decided whether they'll accept or decline their offer from CUNY BCN?

Also, I know there are many variables to this question, but generally speaking, how likely is it that a waitlisting results in an acceptance?

Edited by ChipsAndGuac

On 2/24/2017 at 1:53 PM, neurocomp said:

Anyone get an official acceptance/rejection from UCLA neuroscience under biosciences  yet?

I have yet to receive an interview or rejection, is it safe to assume it's silent rejection?

Yeah, the second interview weekend has already taken place :-/ Sorry.

I'm finding it difficult to craft an email letting some schools know that I am not choosing their program. I want to do it as soon as possible for those who are on the wait list, but I am unsure how to proceed. Does any one have any advice or links on how to write a nice "Thank you for your time, but I am going to go elsewhere" email?

Edited by pemmymiranda

On 2/21/2017 at 1:57 PM, jtjmonk90 said:

I have not yet - am also wondering if anyone else has?

Wondering the same. I saw on the results that someone was rejected so I'm curious 

On March 2, 2017 at 8:34 AM, m21 said:

For anyone who went to UCLA this past weekend: when is the committee meeting or when are decisions being made?

Results could be sent out as early as next week & no later than mid-March.

On February 24, 2017 at 6:04 AM, PhDHopeful3 said:

Anyone else going to be at MIT BCS coming up in a few weeks?!

I'll be there!

On 2/28/2017 at 2:56 AM, mynameiskhaleesi said:

I applied as well and I haven't head anything back yet :(

I'm assuming rejection at this point but it's not over until the rejection letter is sent! lol

On 2/28/2017 at 2:52 AM, mynameiskhaleesi said:

I had an NIU interview on the 20th. They only accept 1 or 2 students each year, so the waiting game commences for the next round of admissions

I'm also in the waiting game for AU! Interviewed and am anxiously waiting to hear back! Good luck!

34 minutes ago, rackjabbit said:

Anyone heard anything from Georgetown yet?

I haven't heard anything since the interview and it doesn't seem like anybody has, although I could be wrong on that. 

Edited by nescacphd

On 3/7/2017 at 1:08 PM, nescacphd said:

I haven't heard anything since the interview and it doesn't seem like anybody has, although I could be wrong on that. 

My friend in the lab I work in right now heard back from them last week I think. But most schools are in the stage of waiting to hear back decisions from students. If you haven't heard back yet you're most likely on the waitlist. I would highly recommend for you to email the program coordinator to update you on the situation. Good luck!!