2017 Computational Biology/Biomedical Informatics PhD Applicants and Admission Results

Oddich55

4 minutes ago, AGradStudentHasNoName said:

Maybe check the application? Information changed there and previous years they tell people to look at the application for the rejection. If there is no rejection then maybe there is still hope. Best of luck!

I did, still no change D:

Oh almost forgot...still waiting on Berkeley comp bio as well. Now to just figure out how to actually go to all of these...I think I have one or two that I might just have to withdraw because of scheduling problems :/ 

6 hours ago, eagb said:

Oh almost forgot...still waiting on Berkeley comp bio as well. Now to just figure out how to actually go to all of these...I think I have one or two that I might just have to withdraw because of scheduling problems :/ 

I'm waiting on that as well, although I will likely withdraw from Berkeley.

Thanks for this Forum. I have also applied to stanford biomedical informatics, but I have not received any phone call last week like you. Does this mean I am rejected?:( I did not receive any rejection letter yet. 

9 hours ago, NAGradBioInf said:

Thanks for this Forum. I have also applied to stanford biomedical informatics, but I have not received any phone call last week like you. Does this mean I am rejected?:( I did not receive any rejection letter yet. 

I would pop them an email or a phone call and ask :). Rejection letters don't normally happen til much later in the process, so you wouldn't normally get one til later (think March).

1 hour ago, Oddich55 said:

I would pop them an email or a phone call and ask :). Rejection letters don't normally happen til much later in the process, so you wouldn't normally get one til later (think March).

Thanks for the advice. It looks like my application is not as strong as yours. I have engineering degrees from one of the top 5 schools in the nation with very good grades. However, my background in biology is not strong. My engineering research was related to medical images but nothing very biological. I think that is what is weak in my application although I have high grades:( congrats for you and good luck. Inform us about Stanford. I was hoping to go there for PhD, but my hopes are diminishing now knowing that they may have already selected the interviewees. I hope I still have a chance.

19 minutes ago, NAGradBioInf said:

Did any body hear from Harvard BIG?

A few people heard from them (not me) on the 23rd of December. We must assume rejection. Sorry, was tough for me too.

and to report another rejection, I did not get Cambridge mathematical genomics and medicine. They only had 2 spots for Americans so it was a complete crap shoot. And they also handle admissions in conjunction with the Sanger program which I did get invited to. So I'll assume that is the reason lol. 

Just got rejected by CSBi but can't post because the captcha isn't showing up for some reason. D:

As a small interdepartmental program that admits 6-8 students a year we have had a record number of over 220 applications from highly qualified applicants like yourself this year. We regret that at this time we are unable to offer you a place in our program.

That is a 2.7 to 3.6% admit rate....

Edited by TinyAmbystoma

4 minutes ago, TinyAmbystoma said:

Just got rejected by CSBi but can't post because the captcha isn't showing up for some reason. D:

As a small interdepartmental program that admits 6-8 students a year we have had a record number of over 220 applications from highly qualified applicants like yourself this year. We regret that at this time we are unable to offer you a place in our program.

That is a 2.7 to 3.6% admit rate....

Haven't received this one yet... pretty sure it will arrive soon.....