Rejection Thread

hector549

31 minutes ago, majorshake said:

Someone reported a Yale rejection - details please???

This seems really odd to me. It would make sense if, say, s/he found out via the application website/portal, but it indicates that this was via email. But that's very early, and with no other such reports, it doesn't seem legit. 

28 minutes ago, Dialectica said:

This seems really odd to me. It would make sense if, say, s/he found out via the application website/portal, but it indicates that this was via email. But that's very early, and with no other such reports, it doesn't seem legit. 

Agreed. Plus, a quick look back at previous years seems to reveal that Yale rejections come all (or nearly all) at once, sometime in the beginning of March. But then again, who really knows.  

I have an update on the Yale rejection. On the blog, the person who posted the rejection commented, "I mistakenly entered Philosophy in The Grad Cafe survey although I had been rejected from the German department. I was unable to change my mistake. Sorry!"

Edited by Sam Anscombe

17 minutes ago, Dialectica said:

The new Brown notification is confusing. Anyone want to claim it and clear it up? I'm assuming it was a rejection, given the description. 

Sorry if it's confusing. I submitted it...

It's an offer. I was not expecting an offer this early and I thought I might receive my first result, i.e. a rejection from UCB, this week...

5 minutes ago, kentaro said:

It's an offer. I was not expecting an offer this early and I thought I might receive my first result, i.e. a rejection from UCB, this week...

That makes sense! That could've just been an issue on my part. Congrats! 

25 minutes ago, kentaro said:

If you don't mind me asking, were you awarded the presidential fellowship? It looks like last year the person who received it was alerted 10 days earlier than the rest of the acceptances. 

Trying to determine if the lack of an email in my inbox means anything......

Edited by Glasperlenspieler

29 minutes ago, kentaro said:

Congratulations! Such a good feeling to get an acceptance when waiting for a rejection :). Well done!

4 hours ago, Glasperlenspieler said:

If you don't mind me asking, were you awarded the presidential fellowship? It looks like last year the person who received it was alerted 10 days earlier than the rest of the acceptances. 

Trying to determine if the lack of an email in my inbox means anything......

I don't think so. There is nothing about presidential fellowship in my letter.

59 minutes ago, Turretin said:

Loyola. :(

I'm happy you got accepted somewhere early enough in the season to mitigate the disappointment of rejections. 

I assume that the success I've had so far won't last (especially as responses from higher ranked schools start coming), and it's a huge relief to know early that I got accepted somewhere.