Playwriting MFAs

dampka

6 hours ago, tradagram said:

so i'm on the wailist boat at CMU too ? happy waiting further y'all ?

Welcome to the waitlist haha. Let us know if you get any updates!

@Agez: for sure! Our current project is a 10 minute play fest for local playwrights. There's a lot of theatre in SD, but it definitely skews older, so we're doing our best to get younger writers' work out there. If that goes well (and if I'm still in SD by the end of the year haha), our plan is for full productions of original work from all over!

1 hour ago, Dongato said:

Got an interview request for Columbia this morning. Excited! In related news, if anyone has a spare 150,000 dollars that they’d like to give me, I’m available for that offer. 

OH SHIT CONGRATULATIONS! I literally had to stop myself from applying because I just couldn't fathom the loans. BUT YOU GET TO TALK TO LYNN AND/PR HENRY THAT'S EPIC!

39 minutes ago, jck349 said:

Welcome to the waitlist haha. Let us know if you get any updates!

@Agez: for sure! Our current project is a 10 minute play fest for local playwrights. There's a lot of theatre in SD, but it definitely skews older, so we're doing our best to get younger writers' work out there. If that goes well (and if I'm still in SD by the end of the year haha), our plan is for full productions of original work from all over!

Oh that's so cool! I love every place that's supportive of new work! Hope the festival goes well, keep us updated!

@captbaka If you've got the free time and something to submit ^_^

Just now, Agez said:

OH SHIT CONGRATULATIONS! I literally had to stop myself from applying because I just couldn't fathom the loans. BUT YOU GET TO TALK TO LYNN AND/PR HENRY THAT'S EPIC!

It's literally what I said aloud. I'm excited just for the conversation, and I hope I don't just list their plays I love for the whole twenty minutes.

Just now, Dongato said:

It's literally what I said aloud. I'm excited just for the conversation, and I hope I don't just list their plays I love for the whole twenty minutes.

LOL They must build in fangirling for the first 20 secs of every interview, how can they not XD Did they specify who you'd be talking with?

30 minutes ago, Cowboy38 said:

Anybody apply to University of New Mexico's Dramatic Writing program?

Hey. I did not apply here ( I nearly did). I actually contacted them last week because I know they accept late apps until April 1st if spots are open. I was told that they've sent out acceptances when I contacted the department

4 minutes ago, zayzay said:

Hey. I did not apply here ( I nearly did). I actually contacted them last week because I know they accept late apps until April 1st if spots are open. I was told that they've sent out acceptances when I contacted the department

Oh dang! Haven't heard from them haha, so that's not looking too good! Oh well... Thank you for answering though! What day did you receive that email? 

16 minutes ago, Cowboy38 said:

Oh dang! Haven't heard from them haha, so that's not looking too good! Oh well... Thank you for answering though! What day did you receive that email? 

I'm sorry, friend. I reached out and got my reply on Feb. 25th. I just saw your post and thought I'd help out with some info. 

9 hours ago, Dongato said:

Got an interview request for Columbia this morning. Excited! In related news, if anyone has a spare 150,000 dollars that they’d like to give me, I’m available for that offer. 

how do you plan to fund your study (in general and if getting in to Columbia)? 'fraid none of us got that 150k spare otherwise we might be busy making another 150k and stuff... ?

12 hours ago, tradagram said:

how do you plan to fund your study (in general and if getting in to Columbia)? 'fraid none of us got that 150k spare otherwise we might be busy making another 150k and stuff... ?

I was just making a little joke is all. 

Nothing from Columbia for me. Nervous (veering toward sad). I don't know if they spread interview requests out over a couple of days, but Columbia was/is my first choice. Only other one I'm waiting on is Boston University. Really starting to think I'm not getting into any this year. Sad. Unsure how to chart forward.

1 hour ago, eurialo said:

Nothing from Columbia for me. Nervous (veering toward sad). I don't know if they spread interview requests out over a couple of days, but Columbia was/is my first choice. Only other one I'm waiting on is Boston University. Really starting to think I'm not getting into any this year. Sad. Unsure how to chart forward.

BU won’t be sending anything out until late this week or the next, so there’s still hope! Hang in there :)

Edited by Dro.

4 hours ago, Dro. said:

BU won’t be sending anything out until late this week or the next, so there’s still hope! Hang in there :)

Thanks @Dro. Much better mentality to have! There's always next year too! 
Do you know if BU does interviews or it goes straight to acceptances/rejections/waitlist?

Edited by eurialo

2 hours ago, eurialo said:

Do you know if BU does interviews or it goes straight to acceptances/rejections/waitlist?

I don't think they do interviews, but couldn't tell you for sure! I applied 2 years ago and remember acceptances going out around march 7th; I got my (very nice) rejection letter on march 20th

Edited by Dro.

16 hours ago, eurialo said:

sending you some virtual hugs ? i'm sure you'd be able to chart forward whatever the result. cheers! ?

19 hours ago, eurialo said:

So, update: BU's Kate Snodgrass just called me! it was a quick interview, but apparently decisions are coming out at some point next week!!!

16 hours ago, tradagram said:

sending you some virtual hugs ? i'm sure you'd be able to chart forward whatever the result. cheers! ?

Thank you Tradagram! I (like many) can get caught up a little in the emotion of things. I'm in a happier place and will accept the result regardless. Very hopeful still about BU (really like their progam, def a top choice), and nothing is set in stone!

19 hours ago, Dro. said:

So, update: BU's Kate Snodgrass just called me! it was a quick interview, but apparently decisions are coming out at some point next week!!!

Does this mean that they are interviewing do you think?

Because someone posted in the results page that they got an interview by email today (March 5th)

Edited by Cowboy38

1 hour ago, Cowboy38 said:

Does this mean that they are interviewing do you think?

Because someone posted in the results page that they got an interview by email today (March 5th)

Yes! It seems they are calling the top candidates.