Playwriting MFAs

dampka

Hey y'all! Got into Northwestern yesterday from a call from David T. Got half funding so definitely can't afford it, but it was very reassuring. 

If anyone is on DRAFT, Jess made a great post about fighting for funding. Don't let the thrill of getting accepted stop you from fighting for what you deserve.

5 hours ago, Agez said:

Hey y'all! Got into Northwestern yesterday from a call from David T. Got half funding so definitely can't afford it, but it was very reassuring. 

If anyone is on DRAFT, Jess made a great post about fighting for funding. Don't let the thrill of getting accepted stop you from fighting for what you deserve.

Congrats! I had an interview with them but I haven’t heard back, so I’m taking it that I wasn’t accepted! But congrats. And at least try to fight for some more funding. 

16 hours ago, Dro. said:

That was me! She reached out to me again today, told me to speak to some current students. Did she make you submit anything else?

Yes and yes -- I had a phone chat with a current student today, and Kate Snodgrass asked me to send in another writing sample.

I was waitlisted at Northwestern and rejected from Brown University today. This process has been unbelievably hard and trying especially for my anxiety and the little patience—I already have. I am happy to have this forum and see the positivity on here. It’s really helped me know there are others out there who are going through this with you. 

1 hour ago, nerv said:

@shortymcshortz this will make a very good intro to your Tony speech!! Gotta pepper in the humble beginnings.

@Dro. and @SeltzerBot...I talked to current students and Kate at BU last week, but she did not ask me for another writing sample...do we think this is a very good sign or very bad sign?
Time will tell I guess.

I'd assume it's a good sign! the fact that she asked for another writing sample scared me a little bit, made me think they are unsure about me.. But yeah, no way to know ?

2 hours ago, PlayWitch said:

I wonder if this coronavirus chaos will draw out this decision process. 

Yeah, I know the two schools where I've had interviews are both coming back from spring break late, so..... strong possibility we all might have to wait a little longer.

I just received a phone call from David Henry Hwang about my acceptance to Columbia University which makes all the rejection worthwhile. I have decided to accept the offer when my official acceptance package comes. I am excited about this opportunity. I wish you all still going through the process or waiting to hear back good luck. And to keep your head high because I know the waiting and rejection sucks. I have received on a day to day basis as an actor and in my current full time job. 

Edited by shortymcshortz

18 minutes ago, shortymcshortz said:

I just received a phone call from David Henry Hwang about my acceptance to Columbia University which makes all the rejection worthwhile. I have decided to accept the offer when my official acceptance package comes. I am excited about this opportunity. I wish you all still going through the process or waiting to hear back good luck. And to keep your head high because I know the waiting and rejection sucks. I have received on a day to day basis as an actor and in my current full time job. 

Congrats! I am now staring at my phone wondering if it will ring.... 

4 hours ago, shortymcshortz said:

Congratulations: so exciting!

Congrats to everyone who received good news this week! I took a break from this forum because this process was starting to get to me, but after a very kind rejection email from Hunter telling me I'd been a semi-finalist and a hopeful-sounding waitlist email from BU, I'm at least feeling more confident. 

1 hour ago, littlered11 said:

Congrats to everyone who received good news this week! I took a break from this forum because this process was starting to get to me, but after a very kind rejection email from Hunter telling me I'd been a semi-finalist and a hopeful-sounding waitlist email from BU, I'm at least feeling more confident. 

7 minutes ago, SeltzerBot said:

@littlered11, I got the waitlist email as well. Happy waiting 0_o

Same. how are all three of us on the waitlist?

On 3/12/2020 at 12:40 PM, shortymcshortz said:

Oh rm GEE!!! Congratulations! It's an amazing program, enjoy the experience and revel in the WIN!!!

Hey everyone,

Long time lurker here, dipping my toe in for the first time to write. Wanted to first say what a salve this forum has been against the anxiety of this whole process. I haven't really joined the conversation before because I applied primarily to UK universities and only NYU and Yale in the States.

Just found out I've been accepted into NYU. I'm beyond elated. Just breathing a huge sigh of relief. Got an email with a notification to check the portal.

I've been given some financial aid but the whole thing is so confusing to figure out that I'd appreciate if anyone who could give me some help on that.