1 hour ago, devouee40 said:

Visit Day is March 9th. Found on the department website. Confirmed by calling the department on Friday. When I called, she also mentioned that we would get an email today or tomorrow with more information on the visit day and funding (though funding would not be confirmed until the March 9th visit day)

Thanks for the info! Awesome stuff, I'll keep an eye out for everything. 

19 hours ago, devouee40 said:

Visit Day is March 9th. Found on the department website. Confirmed by calling the department on Friday. When I called, she also mentioned that we would get an email today or tomorrow with more information on the visit day and funding (though funding would not be confirmed until the March 9th visit day)

Did she elaborate on funding not being confirmed? The website says they guarantee 5 years of funding to everyone, but people keep referring to their financial situation with skepticism. Do you know what that's about?

42 minutes ago, crushinator said:

Did she elaborate on funding not being confirmed? The website says they guarantee 5 years of funding to everyone, but people keep referring to their financial situation with skepticism. Do you know what that's about?

They're probably just figuring it out at the moment. I doubt they'd switch to not funding their admits; to the best of my knowledge,  they admitted fewer people w no waitlist in order to ensure they CAN fund everyone.

1 hour ago, crushinator said:

1 hour ago, latemeg said:

They're probably just figuring it out at the moment. I doubt they'd switch to not funding their admits; to the best of my knowledge,  they admitted fewer people w no waitlist in order to ensure they CAN fund everyone.

From my understanding, there was no question about funding being available to all admitted students. The conversation was about if it would come from an RA, PA, or TA position and therefore what the exact amount would be because there are different amounts for each position. 

Edited by devouee40
spelling

3 minutes ago, devouee40 said:

From my understanding, there was no question about funding being available to all admitted students. The conversation was about if it would come from an RA, PA, or TA position and therefore what the exact about would be because there are different amounts for each position. 

That sounds about right to me. I'm anxious to hear!

Has anyone heard anything from the University of Delaware?? I have submitted my application almost 2 months ago and the deadline was a little over a month ago, so I am getting worried. I haven't heard anything from any other schools yet either, I cant tell if it is a good thing or a bad thing....

I want to reach out to the program, but I also don't want to come off as annoying...

My anxiety though!

This is my second cycle of applying, I was rejected from 5 Ph.D. track programs last year and waitlisted at Washington State University. I am really hoping for at least one acceptance this year!!

4 hours ago, HMcneil said:

Has anyone heard anything from the University of Delaware?? I have submitted my application almost 2 months ago and the deadline was a little over a month ago, so I am getting worried. I haven't heard anything from any other schools yet either, I cant tell if it is a good thing or a bad thing....

I want to reach out to the program, but I also don't want to come off as annoying...

My anxiety though!

This is my second cycle of applying, I was rejected from 5 Ph.D. track programs last year and waitlisted at Washington State University. I am really hoping for at least one acceptance this year!!

I heard from the graduate coordinator today. Reaching out to departments about admissions decisions was encouraged in my program. Another grad coordinator in a different program assured me the inquiry was not at all a bother. 

14 hours ago, SocCrmmm said:

I heard from the graduate coordinator today. Reaching out to departments about admissions decisions was encouraged in my program. Another grad coordinator in a different program assured me the inquiry was not at all a bother. 

Good to know. I will reach out to them today. Thanks!