When do we hear from schools? (NY applicants)

For those who applied to schools in NY, when do we usually hear from the schools? About everyone I know who applied has heard something from a school (interviews, waitlists, rejections, etc)  and I have yet to hear from any school about anything. I know NYU recently sent out their first batch of acceptances and someone I know just got rejected. Also, Adelphi has notified some people already. The wait is killing me! 

Does anyone know when the first wave of decisions are usually sent out and the second wave and so on? I'm feeling more anxious that I haven't heard from any of the 9 schools I applied to yet. 

NY schools usually notify applicants starting mid-late March/early April according to some of the programs' FAQ. Idk if all schools are usually sent out in waves. What schools did you apply to? cause i still didn't hear back from 4/8 I applied to 

Edited by slpgrad620

13 minutes ago, bianxrose said:

I applied to:

• Hunter College
  • Brooklyn College
  • LIU Brooklyn
  • St. John's
  • NYU
  • Columbia
  • Hofstra
  • Adelphi
  • Touro College 

I haven't heard back from St John's or Hofstra either. I think Brooklyn College started offering interviews though if I'm not mistaken with a different CUNY

Just hang in there & good luck! 

Edited by slpgrad620

7 hours ago, bianxrose said:

I applied to:

• Hunter College
  • Brooklyn College
  • LIU Brooklyn
  • St. John's
  • NYU
  • Columbia
  • Hofstra
  • Adelphi
  • Touro College 

I applied to Hofstra, Touro, Adelphi, Brooklyn, Hunter, & LIU Post. I had my interview with Post this week. They said they'd get back to me within 2 wks (but I've heard of people finding out earlier). The other schools I've heard send decisions around March/April but sometimes even as late as may for the CUNYs I believe, based on what I've read in these forums from past applicants

@bianxrose I saw a few (not many) people post on the results page that they received interviews via email at CUNY Hunter and CUNY Brooklyn. When did you submit your app? Not sure if that factors into how soon you hear or not, but I applied to both schools close to their deadlines and haven't heard anything. I have a gut feeling that I'm not getting accepted into either one though so... :unsure:

I also applied to LIU Brooklyn and Columbia. From what I hear they notify late, end of March or early April. I believe LIU Brooklyn also interviews but haven't seen anyone post about it yet. I don't think Columbia does.

The only two NY schools I've received decisions from so far are NY Medical and NYU. I submitted my applications to both on 12/1 and I'm kicking myself now for not submitting the rest just as early! I didn't apply to any others on your list but I've seen some acceptances posted for Adelphi. Not sure about St. John's, Hofstra or Touro. You could try doing a search for them on the results page and backtracking to last year to see around when acceptances were sent out. It's not always exactly the same but at least it'll give you a rough idea.

Good luck! The wait is worse than the application process in my opinion!

16 hours ago, bianxrose said:

I applied to:

• Hunter College
  • Brooklyn College
  • LIU Brooklyn
  • St. John's
  • NYU
  • Columbia
  • Hofstra
  • Adelphi
  • Touro College 

On the results page it shows that two people were accepted to St. John's and received notification today. According to them they submitted their applications toward the end of January. Did you apply to the Adelphi Manhattan campus or Garden City? I haven't seen anyone post results for the Manhattan center just yet.

I'm waiting to hear back from St. John's, Adelphi (Manhattan Campus) and LIU Brooklyn. 

21 hours ago, bianxrose said:

I applied to:

• Hunter College
  • Brooklyn College
  • LIU Brooklyn
  • St. John's
  • NYU
  • Columbia
  • Hofstra
  • Adelphi
  • Touro College 

When I stalked last year's results a while back, the earliest that people received acceptances were around these times:

• 3/6 for LIU Brooklyn
  • 3/17 for Hunter, Brooklyn, and Columbia
  • 4/1 for Touro
4 hours ago, 2bridges said:

On the results page it shows that two people were accepted to St. John's and received notification today. According to them they submitted their applications toward the end of January. Did you apply to the Adelphi Manhattan campus or Garden City? I haven't seen anyone post results for the Manhattan center just yet.

I'm waiting to hear back from St. John's, Adelphi (Manhattan Campus) and LIU Brooklyn. 

I was accepted to Adelphi a month ago, and I applied to Manhattan Center (the acceptance letter never mentioned it though so it is making me paranoid lol).

1 hour ago, SpeechLaedy said:

Anyone else get an email from Touro today about when they will give out decisions? I got so nervous opening it, thinking it was an actual decision ?

OMG same! And then I was like, "I already know this ok you don't need to tell me. <_<

It really bothers me that they won't send out anything acceptances until April. When I get other offers in March I am gonna consider Touro less and less...

19 minutes ago, zurako said:

OMG same! And then I was like, "I already know this ok you don't need to tell me. <_<

It really bothers me that they won't send out anything acceptances until April. When I get other offers in March I am gonna consider Touro less and less...

Yeah exactly. I actually haven't heard good things about Touro at all. ? Seems like ppl in the department are rude and the program isn't that great. I'm hoping I'll hear a positive account about the program to offset all the negative. I still hope I am accepted there (or to any of the schools I applied to, obviously) 

21 minutes ago, SpeechLaedy said:

Yeah exactly. I actually haven't heard good things about Touro at all. ? Seems like ppl in the department are rude and the program isn't that great. I'm hoping I'll hear a positive account about the program to offset all the negative. I still hope I am accepted there (or to any of the schools I applied to, obviously) 

The only things I can find on this forum are bad but those people didn't actually go to Touro I think so I am taking it with a grain of salt. The admissions director was really helpful when I had questions though... April just seems so far away!

1 hour ago, zurako said:

The only things I can find on this forum are bad but those people didn't actually go to Touro I think so I am taking it with a grain of salt. The admissions director was really helpful when I had questions though... April just seems so far away!

In hindsight, I think you're right. And I just remembered, the woman, Beth, who I've been in contact with has been really helpful and responsive. So I'll be ignoring the negatives I've heard thus far since I haven't heard anything from ppl who've actually been in the program ? Oh, and April definitely seems like an eternity. The fact that the email mentioned something about possibly hearing as late as June is absolutely absurd ?

Edited by SpeechLaedy

I just checked my portal for LIU Brooklyn and it says I was admitted! Didn't get an email or anything though so not sure about funding, will try to call them today.

7 hours ago, ElKel87 said:

I just checked my portal for LIU Brooklyn and it says I was admitted! Didn't get an email or anything though so not sure about funding, will try to call them today.

Congrats!!!! Mine still hasn't changed...ugh.

42 minutes ago, Murr57 said:

Congrats!!!! Mine still hasn't changed...ugh.

Did you send everything to the processing center in Massachusetts? I was so confused by their application instructions.

1 minute ago, SLPtobe1093 said:

Did you send everything to the processing center in Massachusetts? I was so confused by their application instructions.

I agree! Their application process was super annoying. I sent everything to the Graduate Admissions office in Brooklyn. By the time I saw that the website said to send everything to Massachusetts, I had already mailed my recommenders the envelopes pre-addressed to Brooklyn (because that's where it says to mail them on the recommendation forms). I called the admissions office and they told me it didn't matter which place I sent it to, so I just decided to send all my materials to Brooklyn. My application status says everything was received, but it still says "under departmental review." 

1 hour ago, zurako said:

Thanks to the storm tomorrow shutting down everything, decisions are gonna take ever longer now... -slowly dying inside-

What is the acceptance deadline date they gave you for Adelphi Manhattan campus?

I'm waiting to hear back from Adelphi, St. John's and LIU Brooklyn. Anyone who has been accepted know the acceptance deadline for SJU or LIU Brooklyn?

5 minutes ago, 2bridges said:

What is the acceptance deadline date they gave you for Adelphi Manhattan campus?

I'm waiting to hear back from Adelphi, St. John's and LIU Brooklyn. Anyone who has been accepted know the acceptance deadline for SJU or LIU Brooklyn?

April 15!

Did you check your portal for LIU Brooklyn? I heard they are starting to mail out acceptance letters but some people saw a decision on the portal. I assume the deadline for these schools would be no earlier than April 15...

2 hours ago, bianxrose said:

My portal for LIU Brooklyn still hasn't changed :( 

My portal didn't change either but today I received an acceptance letter in the mail from LIU Brooklyn. 

Still waiting on St. John's and Adelphi. I checked the GradCafe results page to try and gauge previous years but it seems like St. John's has a lot less results compared to Adelphi.

When I called Adelphi last week I was told my application had not been reviewed yet. 

@zurako I forget if we talked about this already, did you interview there? I haven't heard anything either, but didn't interview. I also just checked and saw someone received a rejection from Hunter via their application portal but haven't heard anything myself. At this point I'd almost rather just get rejections instead of waitlists so I don't have to keep checking obsessively!