I've already got the ball rolling on my backup plan, which is moving to NYC with my girlfriend and starting a new life completely. Last Fall, I quit my 8-year career, and yesterday I had a great talk with a career counselor, who is on deck and excited to help me find a career I love, if I don't get accepted to any programs. NYC is closer to family for both of us, has more and better employment opportunities, is more or less equivalent in cost of living to where we are now, and and has a literary community that our current location definitely doesn't.

Hey, when I lay it all out like that, I kinda WANT to be rejected :P

I should add, my "craziest" backup plan would probably be stand-up comedy. At least then I'd be PAID to get told "GO AWAY, NOBODY WANTS TO HEAR FROM YOU," rather than shelling out cash for the honor. And the drinks are free ?

Moving to Orlando and working as a Disney World photographer, and I'm only like half joking. If I can't follow my dreams in real life, I will relocate to a place where the illusion of dreams at least exists, haha. But only after I take like a month off, take a cruise, drown my sorrows in a buffet or bar or both. I told my husband that was non-negotiable, if I got flat out rejected, lol.

20 hours ago, exvat said:

I should add, my "craziest" backup plan would probably be stand-up comedy. At least then I'd be PAID to get told "GO AWAY, NOBODY WANTS TO HEAR FROM YOU," rather than shelling out cash for the honor. And the drinks are free ?

Can I open for you?