Fulbright 2018-2019

AnnMarie

23 hours ago, hawaisi said:

Was just notified about being a finalist for ETA in Jordan (I thought we would have to wait until May!). Anyone else going??

I'm a Research finalist for Jordan! I'm glad they finally got those notifications out, the wait was miserable. 

Hi all, I enjoy reading this thread and would like to connect with all great people in this room! I got a 2018 Fulbright Thai Graduate Scholarship and will pursue my PhD in Paleoceanography at Texas A&M University starting this 2018 Fall. I am so excited as this will be my first time to live abroad. I am looking forward to exploring every opportunities that await. So, should you have any recommendation for me to live in the US, or even specifically at College Station, it will be my pleasure.

Also, if anyone of you is interested in coming to teach English in Thailand, I am more than happy to keep in touch.

China applicants!!!! I just got an email from Serena Han Bing about applying directly to our host universities. In the email it said we would probably find out results in mid to late April! to quote:

"I know that you are currently awaiting the final results from this year's Fulbright competition, but they likely will not be available until mid-late April."

On 4/6/2018 at 5:42 AM, angryyoungman said:

Has anyone heard absolutely anything from the UK or domestic (US) advisors or anything regarding Fulbright UK Research?

Someone posted in the slack that UK submitted selections to IIE on Friday so you should expect to hear back this week!

2 hours ago, ItsAllTheyHad said:

Someone posted in the slack that UK submitted selections to IIE on Friday so you should expect to hear back this week!

any chance you know about Australia?

Edited by pll

On 4/6/2018 at 3:42 AM, angryyoungman said:

Has anyone heard absolutely anything from the UK or domestic (US) advisors or anything regarding Fulbright UK Research?

Received acceptance for the UK program an hour ago.

Edited by yeshuamo

7 hours ago, ItsAllTheyHad said:

What"s the slack?? Also is there anyone here that has applied to Honduras or any other country in Central America?????

8 hours ago, b_dos_lattes said:

Anyone know if it's possible to fail the Fulbright medical exam, and if so, what sorts of conditions would disqualify someone from being able to accept his or her grant? 

I'm also very curious about this!!

Hi everyone, I'm a Nepali Research finalist, and I'm trying to connect with other finalists to potentially figure out housing, and/or connect with Nepali Alumni that have any words of wisdom for me (particularly with regards to possibly changing departure dates?)! The Nepal program seems sort of small so it's been hard to find others.. 

Congratulations to everyone that's heard good news!! 

Edited by caramel_coffee

On 4/9/2017 at 3:13 AM, Dostoprimechatel'nosti said:

Hello new Fulbright applicants! I am a current Fulbright researcher in Moldova and, as there were ZERO Fulbright applicants to Moldova for the 2017-2018 grant year, I would like to ask those of you with an interest in Eastern Europe and some experience with the Russian or Romanian language (or an interest in learning those languages) to consider applying to Moldova, where active Fulbrights are needed and very much appreciated. I would be happy to share my personal experiences here or connect ETA applicants with the current ETAs in Moldova, feel free to PM me and we can connect via email.

https://us.fulbrightonline.org/countries/selectedcountry/moldova

hey! I'm really interested in studying in Moldova! Is it okay to message you and talk about it?

Hi, I just got an email from Fulbright China about applying for the Chinese Government Scholarship... WHAT DOES THIS LAST SENTENCE MEAN (I highlighted it and whatnot, not them) 

Did all the semifinalists get this email???? Does this mean anything at all or am I just looking into it too much??

This wait is seriously driving me insane. My graduation date depends on whether or not I get this award (I will graduate in the summer if I get it and next semester if I don't) so this whole process has been so nerve wracking. 

Dear China Fulbright Candidate,

~~~ CGS info blah blah blah ~~~~ 

IIE cannot guarantee that you will be offered a Fulbright award and/or a CGS tuition waiver, but it is required that all Fulbright grant candidates who are requesting an affiliation with a host institution that participates in the CGS Program submit their affiliation applications through this channel. This helps to streamline the application and visa paperwork process for all parties.

~~~~The online application must be completed and submitted by APRIL 30th, 2018. ~~~~ blah blah blah

Please note that you are currently a recommended candidate for a Fulbright award. We appreciate your cooperation and patience as we all await the final award decisions.

Best regards, 

Fulbright China