Waitlist Purgatory

Anyone else feel like they're gonna go crazy because we have to wait until after April 15th? I put in a deposit at another school but am really hoping to hear good news. How long after April 15th do you think we will have to wait?

Good luck to everyone!

I just put in a deposit at Ithaca yesterday, and just now I got an email saying I got off the waitlist at UNCG and I would be notified if I've received funding by April 15th. I realize I am in a very fortunate position right now, but this is still so stressful. :unsure:

I'm on the waitlist at three schools. I have heard from past application seasons that Idaho State updates their waitlist weekly. It was pretty nerve-wracking when I realized they keep their waitlist open until September. :unsure:

I'm just so tired of waiting. I just sent my deposit to a school I was accepted to and luckily I'm excited about the school. But I would love to stay in-state and would probably accept either of my in-state waitlists. It's frustrating when you want to start making plans revolving around where you will be/what your school schedule will be like, and you still have no idea where that is. I looked at the results page from past years for my schools (SDSU & SFSU) and it looks like they accept people from the waitlist from late April - June. Hoping for April!

Edited by ssllpp

21 minutes ago, Soon2beSLP said:

Only a couple more days till April 15th. Getting nervous!!

Do you think we will have to wait until that Monday to hear anything back because the 15th is on the weekend?

1 hour ago, mspeech said:

Do you think we will have to wait until that Monday to hear anything back because the 15th is on the weekend?

I'd imagine that most schools would take AT LEAST a few days to go through the numbers, decide how many people can be let in from the waitlist, and prepare the emails/documents to send to them. I hope you hear soon though!

Just got off the waitlist at Minot State! This was my first acceptance, so I'm really excited. They had told me they would begin pulling from the waitlist beginning April 15th, but it looks like slots opened up earlier than that. They gave me a deadline for April 15th to accept. 

19 minutes ago, panda1991 said:

Just got off the waitlist at Minot State! This was my first acceptance, so I'm really excited. They had told me they would begin pulling from the waitlist beginning April 15th, but it looks like slots opened up earlier than that. They gave me a deadline for April 15th to accept. 

Congratulations that's so exciting!!! 

I am on the waitlist at 5 schools. I was accepted into one that I'm not very excited about, so I'm hoping to get another choice. I realize I'm lucky to have gotten into one, but after applying to 10 schools a second time I am getting so anxious and tired of waiting! 

• 3 weeks later...

I have not heard back for the 2 schools I was waitlisted too. How long should I wait till I contact them? Its been over 2 weeks since April 15th.