2017-2018 Application Cycle

IR44

2 hours ago, JMCrawfordNJ said:

Tell me about it. With each passing day this week I've been checking more and more. I'm at "do anything else to distract myself" levels.

I'm also at "do anything else to distract myself" levels, which has manifested itself into me trying to recreate desserts from the Great British Baking Show....

9 minutes ago, sfirus93 said:

Ahhhhhh... two more days in this level of anxiety? Just reject me already (I am just kidding please don't... please)

Just sit and listen to Say Something (I'm giving up on you) on repeat all weekend; that's what I'm doing! B)

3 minutes ago, Hamb said:

By far the worst part of waiting for me is the time between seeing a new email in my inbox and reading that it's some generic newsletter of no importance. The amount of adrenaline released in that half second is astounding!

Agreed - I'm going to need Target to stop sending me emails every 5 minutes.

5 minutes ago, sfirus93 said:

And according to this, if I do not hear anything in four to five hours, UCSD is also out... what a spectacular weekend.

That's for OSU I thought

I think the hardest part about this part of the cycle is that in three weeks time a lot of us will know mostly everything. I expect to hear from at least six of the nine schools I'm still waiting on in that timeframe. Three weeks usually seems like no time at all, but right now it feels like an eternity.

Also it was nice when we were only seeing acceptances, but now that we're seeing rejections, that just makes me more anxious.

Edited by buckinghamubadger

The final couple of hours on a Friday are miserable while waiting to hear back! As each hour goes by I look further west.

I'm getting the feeling that we can expect most schools to be a couple of days later than previous years for whatever reason.

Edited by Hamb

2 minutes ago, Hamb said:

I'm getting the feeling that we can expect most schools to be a couple of days later than previous years for whatever reason.

That is my thought, too. I noticed that there was a theory admit to Northwestern. I wonder if they send decisions out based on subfield.