DrPH Applicants Fall 2018

RR02

On 4/8/2018 at 4:57 PM, TFPubHealth said:

Just an update, I checked my application status online and it does say admitted, I haven’t received any formal written acceptance from the school as yet so you may want to check the online portal. 

I just asked for an update was told that they are still reviewing my application......:mellow:

On 4/16/2018 at 3:25 PM, DraPHt2016 said:

Thanks! Did you ever receive anything official from them or only the update in the portal? I emailed Dr. McCoy and the PH Coordinator on Friday. :angry:

I finally received an official letter this week in my email. It was from the Graduate School, not the department itself 

On 4/16/2018 at 3:39 PM, hccgrl said:

And @TFPubHealth

Do you know if they offer funding for those applying for the spring semester? I'm interested in applying but don't know if I should just wait until next year. 

Also, anyone applying to usf's drph.... How many years of experience do you have ? Is there funding? Feel feel to PM with any info. Thanks!

I’m not sure about Spring funding but I know most of their assistantships are filled already (that’s what they told me) so I would assume you’d have a better chance applying in the fall & talking to a specific person you’d want to work under. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2018 at 10:23 AM, TFPubHealth said:

Good luck! & I’m not sure about attending, still waiting on funding, that’ll be the deal breaker for me. 

Did you end up deciding on FIU? Do you mind sharing what your funding package looked like?

23 minutes ago, DraPHt2016 said:

Did you end up deciding on FIU? Do you mind sharing what your funding package looked like?

I did choose FIU, I received a graduate assistantship that covers tuition & pays $23k a year