DrPH Applicants Fall 2018

RR02

Waitlisted via the portal for Hopkins HPM - so those who haven't heard back yet via e-mail check your portal!

The portal says that the formal email with waitlist info will be sent in 24-48 hours.  (But if anybody knows anything about how this process works let me know!)

Good luck everyone and congrats to those who have already received acceptances. :)

12 minutes ago, DrPHtobe said:

Rejected from Hopkins Implementation DrPH.

Oh well. At least it's over with.... now to decide what to do next...

Me too. This is really disappointing to hear...

18 hours ago, DrPH-Applicant said:

Waitlisted via the portal for Hopkins HPM - so those who haven't heard back yet via e-mail check your portal!

The portal says that the formal email with waitlist info will be sent in 24-48 hours.  (But if anybody knows anything about how this process works let me know!)

Good luck everyone and congrats to those who have already received acceptances. :)

where did you find the portal for hopkins HPM? looking to check this but not sure where i can locate this, thanks in advance!

22 minutes ago, drph-app said:

where did you find the portal for hopkins HPM? looking to check this but not sure where i can locate this, thanks in advance!

I received an email back when I submitted my SOPHAS application that gave me the link to the jhsph application portal. Once you follow the link, you will see on the left side "Application Review Complete" and when you click that you will see the admission decision. I saw my rejection on there yesterday, and just now received an email from the school informing me of their decision. Hope this helps! Good luck!

20 hours ago, drphhopeful said:

still no word from USF? <_<

I'm still waiting to hear from them re: PhD decisions as well. Was really expecting to have heard something weeks ago (interviews were Feb. 2nd). I emailed the academic services administrator for the CFH dept. early last week and she said they were in the final steps of decisions. Hoping we hear soon. 

Unfortunately I just received my rejection from JHU. I was also rejected from UNC and am waiting on UIC. I’m very disappointed and am going to spend the next year strengthening my resume. Can those that got into JHU HPM share their stats? Maybe that will give me a better idea of what they are looking for. Thank you! 

28 minutes ago, DrPH PA said:

Unfortunately I just received my rejection from JHU. I was also rejected from UNC and am waiting on UIC. I’m very disappointed and am going to spend the next year strengthening my resume. Can those that got into JHU HPM share their stats? Maybe that will give me a better idea of what they are looking for. Thank you! 

I'm sorry to hear that!  =( But yes, I'd be interested in that information on stats of accepted folks to JHU HPM as well.

22 hours ago, Cwds613 said:

How did you find out?

How did you find out?

I received an email with the decision

22 hours ago, Cwds613 said:

@HIT_Policy_Maven Congrats by the way! Did you apply for any fellowships by the way?

Thanks! And no, I ended up applying so late that I never even had time to consider fellowships - going to try my luck with scholarships/grants but we'll see. 

1 hour ago, DrPH PA said:

GPA

Undergrad (Nursing): 3.67

Policy related M.S. degree (Aug 2018): 4.0

MPH (May 2018): 4.0

GRE

75-80 percentile in the three sections

Experience

I have six years of clinical experience with a military background. I have one publication in the works. I also co-found a nonprofit and have been doing policy work in a reputable academic center for 10 months.

A few other achievements and awards related to my work (ie. won a policy competition).

Edited by GraddCaffe

GraddCaffe Thank you so much for sharing!

I have my masters in physician assistant studies with a 3.75 GPA and am a practicing PA with 5 years clinical experience. I’m also a veteran and was a nurse in the Army. I’m currently in charge of many quality improvement projects at the large academic institution where I practice. I didn’t do so great when I retook my GREs this year so I wonder if that’s what did it or if they really are looking for an MPH. 

Thank you so much! 

On 3/7/2018 at 5:14 PM, DrPHtobe said:

Rejected from Hopkins Implementation DrPH.

Oh well. At least it's over with.... now to decide what to do next...

On 3/7/2018 at 5:23 PM, DrPH_WannaBe said:

Me too. This is really disappointing to hear...

I'm so sorry :(

As far as stats go: 

GPA

Undergrad (Health Sciences): 3.5

MPH in Health Policy (May 2014): 3.8

GRE

75-80th percentile 

Experience

MPH/PMP/CAHIMS federal employee with 7 years of experience in clinical settings, helping providers transition for paper-based records to EHRs. 1 co-authored publication. 4 years of program management in healthcare quality improvement programs, including 2 years specializing in health IT policy. Accepted into a competitive leadership program for rising federal leaders preparing for eventual Senior Executive Service (SES). Several honorary awards for accomplishments at work. 

Edited by HIT_Policy_Maven
Duplicate quote

All quiet on the western/all front(s)? What are the schools everyone is still waiting on?

Drexel; USF; LSU (PhD); FIU (PhD); Berkeley; University of Texas; UNC; GWU (Health Policy); Tulane

Waiting Rejected Waitlist Accepted

Edited by DraPHt2016

1 hour ago, DraPHt2016 said:

All quiet on the western/all front(s)? What are the schools everyone is still waiting on?

Drexel; USF; LSU (PhD); FIU (PhD); Berkeley; University of Texas; UNC; GWU (Health Policy); Tulane

Waiting Rejected Waitlist Accepted

I’m also still waiting to hear back from Drexel! They haven’t reached out for an interview, so I’m thinking it’s a likely rejection. 

29 minutes ago, NotSoPatientlyWaiting2018 said:

I’m also still waiting to hear back from Drexel! They haven’t reached out for an interview, so I’m thinking it’s a likely rejection. 

:(:( I completely forgot about the interview piece. Not looking forward to the cold, but my sister is doing her PhD in clinical psych there so an acceptance would be extra special. I had emailed the program manager at the end of January and she said "I hope to have updates [for you] by the end of February or early March."

It's early March already; put us out of our misery!!!

15 hours ago, DraPHt2016 said:

:(:( I completely forgot about the interview piece. Not looking forward to the cold, but my sister is doing her PhD in clinical psych there so an acceptance would be extra special. I had emailed the program manager at the end of January and she said "I hope to have updates [for you] by the end of February or early March."

It's early March already; put us out of our misery!!!

Well, I am not entirely sure if they do interviews with everyone. They emailed me on 1/30 and said: "...if selected for an interview, you will be contacted in the upcoming weeks. You can expect a final decision in 7-10 weeks." I guess we are approaching that 7th week mark right about now...which track did you apply to?

That would be amazing to attend the same university as your sister! Like you, I applied to a mix of DrPH and PhD programs. I have six more to hear back from. Sigh.

On 3/8/2018 at 9:53 AM, Eris2018 said:

I'm still waiting to hear from them re: PhD decisions as well. Was really expecting to have heard something weeks ago (interviews were Feb. 2nd). I emailed the academic services administrator for the CFH dept. early last week and she said they were in the final steps of decisions. Hoping we hear soon. 

Any word from USF?

On 3/8/2018 at 9:53 AM, Eris2018 said:

I saw on a different forum where they have scheduled interviews with some applicants for this week. 

6 hours ago, Pblchlth2018 said:

I saw on a different forum where they have scheduled interviews with some applicants for this week. 

Yeah I think this is for DrPH candidates. For the PhD in CFH, we interviewed 2/2 and were told they had an internal decision deadline of 2/15. We received an email on that date saying it would be a few weeks before we would hear, but I wasn't necessarily expecting 4 weeks later. Curious about what's going on...