2018 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

blc073

20 minutes ago, JacquelineY said:

[Insert grimace] Well, more reason for us to get well prepared. Also, larger pool often also means that they are taking more admissions. Anyways, good luck :)

Guess Weill Cornell has sent out all their invites for interviews? I applied for the BCMB program but didn't get any reply :(

1 hour ago, dude3d30 said:

Guess Weill Cornell has sent out all their invites for interviews? I applied for the BCMB program but didn't get any reply :(

In the email inviting us for interviews they asked us to accept the invitation by Jan 5th. I don't want to give you false hopes but they might be sending a 2nd round after today - but it's just my speculation. 

24 minutes ago, kalixxxx said:

In the email inviting us for interviews they asked us to accept the invitation by Jan 5th. I don't want to give you false hopes but they might be sending a 2nd round after today - but it's just my speculation. 

You applied to the BCMB allied program? Do you know when the Immunology and Microbial Pathogenesis program will send out invites/if they already have?

2 minutes ago, strugglebus2k17 said:

You applied to the BCMB allied program? Do you know when the Immunology and Microbial Pathogenesis program will send out invites/if they already have?

I applied to the BCMB. Hah sorry I am not omniscient, no idea when the invites for other programs are being send but hope you get a positive response soon! 

5 minutes ago, strugglebus2k17 said:

My friend in college who's doing immunology research got an invite from Weill Cornell for the second time slot (Feb.7-9). I didn't check but I believe she applied to immunology programs. 

2 minutes ago, Oompa said:

Just FYI, heard back from MIT Biology Coordinator, fingers crossed! Has anyone heard yet?

"The department hopes to send invites out by January 8th. These will come by email."

Was wondering about this too. In previous years, they sent out the invites on the Friday of Sat of the first full week of Jan. 

11 hours ago, kalixxxx said:

I saw the email earlier. I was curious to check how many people the email has been forwarded - it's almost 250. If Weill Cornell is inviting a total of 250 people to the PhD interview session then the competition is really tough ;s 

9 hours ago, JacquelineY said:

[Insert grimace] Well, more reason for us to get well prepared. Also, larger pool often also means that they are taking more admissions. Anyways, good luck :)

I think it's all the departments though, not just one. I applied to neuro and I talked to a friend who's interviewing for pharmacology and got the same email ... so 250 people isn't /that/ scary given that there are 6 departments and according to data I've seen for other neuro programs, each department inviting 40ish people to interview is pretty normal :) 

Edited by eevee

Hello everyone, 

Is no news good news? 

Do you know if UC San Diego  (neuroscience) and UNC-CH (BBSP neuroscience) are done sending invites? Has anyone been rejected? The websites doesn't say anything (I want to know an move on) ... 

What about (neuroscience major) :

Rockefeller 

Yale

Rochester

Columbia 

Einstein

UAB

Scripps (any rejections?) I notice people got invites today... 

7 hours ago, abhisheks94 said:

Does anyone know if MIT Biology is still sending out invites? Or did they release them all yesterday? 

I got an email from a faculty member so they may be sending them out over the weekend. 

On 1/5/2018 at 10:57 PM, Skydram said:

Hello everyone, 

Is no news good news? 

Do you know if UC San Diego  (neuroscience) and UNC-CH (BBSP neuroscience) are done sending invites? Has anyone been rejected? The websites doesn't say anything (I want to know an move on) ... 

What about (neuroscience major) :

Rockefeller 

Yale

Rochester

Columbia 

Einstein

UAB

Scripps (any rejections?) I notice people got invites today... 

From what I've heard from other people who called the schools, UCSD and Columbia are done sending invites :/ Sorry friend, but for what it's worth I'm in the same boat and commiserate with you 100% 

What are you guys' thoughts on canceling an interview 3 weeks after accepting the invitation? The school was one of my safeties but was the first one to give me an interview offer, and now I have way too many interviews. The school purchased a non-refundable ticket for me, which I presume I will have to pay for if I cancel the trip? There is no information on this, but I don't want to ask them directly right now because then they will know they are low on my list...