Jump to content
blc073

2018 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Recommended Posts

50 minutes ago, _caffeinated said:

I actually just heard from them too but got the Feb. 8 - 10 date! Congratulations! 

That's great. Congrats and good luck!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, factanonverba said:

What are you guys' thoughts on canceling an interview 3 weeks after accepting the invitation? The school was one of my safeties but was the first one to give me an interview offer, and now I have way too many interviews. The school purchased a non-refundable ticket for me, which I presume I will have to pay for if I cancel the trip? There is no information on this, but I don't want to ask them directly right now because then they will know they are low on my list...

I don't know if you will need to pay for the non-refundable ticket.  Unless you are 100% alright burning bridges with that school, I would still go to the interview if they already paid for your air fare and everything.  If you don't mind, then you can contact them to see what your options are.  It's one thing to decline an invite, but I would give all the schools and programs I'm meeting with the chance to recruit me, even if I have a list of schools ranked in my mind already.  If you were to interview everywhere and that is the only school you got into, would you still go?

On the other hand, if the program hasn't sent out its rejections and there is enough notice, you would give someone a chance to interview there.  I don't know if that is the case or not at this stage in the process.

That's just my 2 cents

Edited by StemCellFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if there isn’t time conflict you really should go...no one can predict the post interview acceptance rate, or maybe you will find the faculties are the right people you want to work with. It’s all about the atmosphere and the right people you click with for PhD, I care more about that way more than reputation and project. Well, just my 2cents as well. I am glad you have many interviews man, many of us still hanging here and hoping for the best....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone apply for pharmacology program this year? Any news from Duke / Cornell / Johns Hopkins / UCD / NYU and U Penn? Have no interview right now, feel nervous and desperate. :'(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, whatshouldidoo said:

Has anyone heard from Rockefeller yet??? And any clue on when their interview week is????

Someone posted earlier that they will be sending out invites 2nd - 3rd week of January so keeping finger crossed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, whatshouldidoo said:

Has anyone heard from Rockefeller yet??? And any clue on when their interview week is????

As mentioned above, I heard from the graduate program coordinator that the interviews will be sent out in these two weeks.

And their interview weekends are Feb.22-23 and Mar.1-2, as said somewhere on their website (can't remember where).

Fingers crossed:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know if UChicago biomedical sciences (specifically Cancer Biology) is still sending out invites? They sent out invites in Dec in previous years but haven't heard anything about it this year yet...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got an interview invite at MD Anderson UT Health Houston Cancer Biology & Immunology Ph.D. program! That's exciting! Right back in my hometown of Houston. :)

Edited by ChallengerSwimmer23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, siliconchins said:

Anyone know if UChicago biomedical sciences (specifically Cancer Biology) is still sending out invites? They sent out invites in Dec in previous years but haven't heard anything about it this year yet...

I believe they haven't started yet. The interview weekend is Feb.22-24 so there's still time. Sit tight :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are some people who mentioned in the grad cafe "results search" that they received interview on 22nd Dec. I am have got any notice either. Which tract in MIT BCS did you apply?  

Edited by sk834

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JacquelineY said:

I believe they haven't started yet. The interview weekend is Feb.22-24 so there's still time. Sit tight :)

Thanks! Wasn't sure if any notices had gone out as the program is relatively small and pretty separate from the rest of the BSD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, sk834 said:

There are some people who mentioned in the grad cafe "results search" that they received interview on 22nd Dec. I am have got any notice either. Which tract in MIT BCS did you apply?  

I put systems first, then cell&molecular second, and cognitive third. What about you?

 Was this Dec. 22nd 2017?? or from previous years? It sounds like the MIT bio invites just went out so I was hoping BCS would be next potentially

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, neuronerd123 said:

Hi Guys, 

Has anyone heard back from MIT BCS, Tufts Sackler, or BU GPN?  

Anxiously waiting :wacko:

Thanks!

I just heard back from Tufts Sackler today!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I applied to Cognitive Science( have worked there as a UROP for a summer-- this program is super competitive) 

Yes, it is Dec. 22nd 2017. Biology is a different department than BCS so they send out invitation in different dates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, sk834 said:

I applied to Cognitive Science( have worked there as a UROP for a summer-- this program is super competitive) 

Yes, it is Dec. 22nd 2017. Biology is a different department than BCS so they send out invitation in different dates.

In last year's thread it looks like the last MIT BCS invitations were sent out around the second week in Jan so I'm hoping maybe more invites will go out this week.  Good luck and let me know if you hear anything!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, siliconchins said:

Thanks! Wasn't sure if any notices had gone out as the program is relatively small and pretty separate from the rest of the BSD.

I'm an undergrad at UChicago and my lab knows I'm applying, so they'd tell me if invites were out, and so far I'm not aware of any. But in any case you're right that the cancer program has their own admission committee and so on, so in that sense they are pretty separate. 

Also unsolicited information: so far as I heard on last Friday, the invites for immunology at UChicago also didn't seem to have gone out. I guess this year the biomedical cluster are just starting late...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, whydoaphd said:

Any International students who have heard back from Yale BBS (MCGD), Maryland BISI (MOCB), JHU (CMDB)? If yes, any idea if they are done sending out invites? Thanks!

I heard back from Yale BBS MCGD before the holidays. I currently live in the US though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JacquelineY said:

I'm an undergrad at UChicago and my lab knows I'm applying, so they'd tell me if invites were out, and so far I'm not aware of any. But in any case you're right that the cancer program has their own admission committee and so on, so in that sense they are pretty separate. 

Also unsolicited information: so far as I heard on last Friday, the invites for immunology at UChicago also didn't seem to have gone out. I guess this year the biomedical cluster are just starting late...

Yeah, I'm currently working at UChicago but for medical faculty who are unaware of the admissions timeline. Since it seems like some BSD committees have already met, wasn't sure if they had all sent out interview invites already. Please keep us updated, I really appreciate it! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.