2018 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

blc073

17 minutes ago, Cottagecheese24 said:

I believe they are doing rolling admissions. I've also applied to Rice SSPB but a day before the deadline (December 23rd, 2017). Hoping I hear from them soon! Thanks for letting us know and congrats! 

Thanks, and best of luck! Maybe see you there in March!

A graduate student from the cancer biology program at UChicago told me that this year's interview will be from Feb.22 to Feb.24, with (a planned) admission of 6 students out of 18 invites. I don't know as to when they are going to send out the invites, but I'm pretty sure they haven't started yet. Best of luck to anyone applying to the program and fingers crossed as I'm waiting for the news too!

On 12/25/2017 at 2:26 PM, Bio_123 said:

I hope we all hear back, happy Christmas and new year :) 

I tried the multi quote thing but I can't figure it out on my phone. I just called UNC and now they told me we should hear back by mid-January especially if we are getting an interview. So yeah no worries lol

1 hour ago, JacquelineY said:

A graduate student from the cancer biology program at UChicago told me that this year's interview will be from Feb.22 to Feb.24, with (a planned) admission of 6 students out of 18 invites. I don't know as to when they are going to send out the invites, but I'm pretty sure they haven't started yet. Best of luck to anyone applying to the program and fingers crossed as I'm waiting for the news too!

When I applied to UChicago’s Cancer Biology program, the invites were sent out around Dec. 20th, but these dates are typically not solid.

2 hours ago, bioPhDhopeful said:

Anyone else running into the same issue of having Emory Cancer biology interview date conflict with another interview they said yes too. They said they "might" give skype interviews instead to people who can't make it, but maybe if there were enough people we could ask to attend another GDBBS date.

I'm in the same boat. They said they're looking at the possibility of skype interviews, but nothing about an alternate weekend. A little ridiculous that they only have one date when they're contacting applicants later in the game.

44 minutes ago, catsareme said:

Has anyone contacted DGP at Northwestern to see when they're done sending out invites?

Secretly I'm too chicken to reach out and ask, but I might send an email because I'm just so curious haha. Invites seem to be coming out very sporadically and at random, so I don't quite know what's going on. Last I saw on the results page, someone got one on the 26th.

Last year, someone reported that all interview invites were sent by the 13th of January, with formal rejections sent the following week. Hopefully this helps a bit. This program was one of my top interests, so I'm a bit bummed. And if anyone knows anything more concrete please share! 

2 hours ago, camth said:

I tried the multi quote thing but I can't figure it out on my phone. I just called UNC and now they told me we should hear back by mid-January especially if we are getting an interview. So yeah no worries lol

Is this for BBSP? 

1 hour ago, HUSKYLEO said:

Anyone know if NYU Sackler, Penn CAMB microbiology/parasitology/virology, and Tuft Sackler are done sending out invites? 

Looking from the past reports, seems like they don't send out invites after new year...

I was wondering the same, and also Yale microbiology and Mount Sinai biomedical science. Anyone know if they are done sending out invitations?

also do the people that got invitations have to respond by a certain date around this week? any program would be helpful! 

wondering if there's going to be another wave of invitations...

1 hour ago, HUSKYLEO said:

Anyone know if NYU Sackler, Penn CAMB microbiology/parasitology/virology, and Tuft Sackler are done sending out invites? 

Looking from the past reports, seems like they don't send out invites after new year...

The week before christmas I got an email from Tufts saying that they wouldn't be sending out any invites before the first of the year!  I haven't heard anything since but there is still hope :)

On 02.01.2018 at 8:30 PM, camth said:

Thank you for letting us know! I am very excited

2 hours ago, JacquelineY said:

Has anyone going to the interview for BCMB program at Weill Cornell been contacted by the travel agency? Since the interview is in two weeks I'm wondering if I should send them an email. 

Hi!

I also applied Weill Cornell BCMB and I haven't heard back. If I did not get it wrong, weill cornell sent you an invitation for an interview. I wonder if they give you any information whether there will be a second cycle invitations? I thought the interview days held in February, but if it is in the middle of January, maybe I contact them to get information if they are finished sending invitations.

9 minutes ago, Bio_123 said:

Hi!

I also applied Weill Cornell BCMB and I haven't heard back. If I did not get it wrong, weill cornell sent you an invitation for an interview. I wonder if they give you any information whether there will be a second cycle invitations? I thought the interview days held in February, but if it is in the middle of January, maybe I contact them to get information if they are finished sending invitations.

Hi! The email that I got from Weill Cornell BCMB didn't mention anything about another round of invitations, and my interview is on Jan.17-19. Hope this helps!

1 hour ago, JacquelineY said:

Hi! The email that I got from Weill Cornell BCMB didn't mention anything about another round of invitations, and my interview is on Jan.17-19. Hope this helps!

Yes, thank you! 

I've been trying to solidify my choices for interview dates with one school (I'm hoping they respond soon because only one weekend of the two works for me) and sending information for flight reimbursement to another program coordinator and haven't heard any responses from them.  It's possible that everything is moving a little slowly now due to the holidays wrapping up and a lot of coordinators probably have to play catch up.  It's also possible that staff may be out sick since there's a nasty and persistent flu going around right now.

On 12/19/2017 at 2:08 PM, bdeck said:

Agreed, I wouldn't give up hope. I know people on the admissions committee and told me that they are still reviewing. Their process is to review in teams of two and if those two cannot determine it goes to a tie-breaker third. Apparently this process isn't done at the same speed for all people on the committee. We still have hope!

Applied (11): UM Baltimore, UM College Park, Mt. Sinai, UPENN, Brown, NYU, Penn State Hershey, Georgetown, CUNY, Thomas Jefferson, Drexel

Interviews (5/11): UM College Park, Mt. Sinai, Georgetown, Thomas Jefferson, Drexel University

Rejected (0/11):

Just heard from UPENN NGG directly, the last of the interviews will be going out within a week! hoping for another from my top choice!!

Edited by bdeck