2018 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

blc073

22 hours ago, scoobydoo9 said:

I haven't heard anything from them either, if that makes you feel any better. Hopefully we'll hear next week. 

16 hours ago, camth said:

Im actually worrying too, because I was told I'd hear back before the end of the week and nothing. I was starting to worry my application fell through the cracks but hopefully we hear back.

17 hours ago, synapticcat said:

I also haven't heard anything either! I might contact a friend who's a 1st year there and ask if she knows anything......I wouldn't be too worried, as I do think they send things out in january, so it's not totally hopeless. Plenty of schools send out invites well into the new year.

Best of luck and happy holidays! :)

I hope we all hear back, happy Christmas and new year :) 

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 12:38 PM, eevee said:

WHERE have you been finding stats on how many interviewees get acceptances????? I've been hunting everywhere and can't seem to find any resources! 

yeah, I'm also curious to know what the statistics are on interviewee to acceptance. If you find any links please tag me!

On 12/19/2017 at 1:42 PM, neuromemory said:

Now for interview news, I was called around 11am this morning by the head of the Committee on Neurobiology at UChicago inviting me for an interview, first of the season! For those planning, their weekend is in two groups over the same weekend, Feb 1-3, or Feb 3-5. I had some extensive meetings with UChicago professors at SfN this year and met most of their faculty and all of the PIs I'm interested in there for a number of hours, so I was feeling pretty good about getting an interview. Official emails are coming out this week sometime. I didn't get a Harvard email last week either (though I did stupidly forget to fill out the supplemental app thing, so maybe that was part of it who knows). Good luck to all!

I didn't realize the supplemental thing was there either and I didn't get an email either way. I just did it now, but I'm not sure what's going to happen. I kind of want a refund if it allowed me to pay the application price without a "complete application". Has anyone heard what happened to other people who didn't fill it out? I basically answered No to all of the questions anyway so it's not like it made any difference. 

4 hours ago, gamgee said:

Did anybody hear back from Harvard MCO? Nothing on the results page, but they historically have sent out invites before the holiday. 

I have not heard back either nor have i seen/heard anything from anyone for MCO

14 hours ago, ks414 said:

Has anyone contacted OHSU PMCB or have any info about if they are done sending invites? Seems like a few people have starting hearing. Starting to get nervous that my application fell through the cracks.

When I got my interview invite they said "respond by 01/05 so that other eligible applicants can be invited" or something like that - so you could be on that second tier. It wouldn't hurt to contact them, though. They are super friendly and respond timely. 

Does anyone have any idea about waitlists with University of Washington (Seattle). I was waitlisted with the M3D program, but thats prior to interviews even. Is being waitlisted pretty much the same as rejected? Or have people actually been offered from the waitlist. 

Edited by CMUnate

2 hours ago, CMUnate said:

Does anyone have any idea about waitlists with University of Washington (Seattle). I was waitlisted with the M3D program, but thats prior to interviews even. Is being waitlisted pretty much the same as rejected? Or have people actually been offered from the waitlist. 

Probably waitlisted for the interview itself. Some people don't show up to the interview or they like fewer people than expected post-interview - boom, you've got an interview.

On 12/27/2017 at 11:36 AM, BabyScientist said:

Anyone know if Yale BBS neuro is done giving out interviews?

I don't think they even started. Even on gradcafe's own survey there is no mention of BBS Neuroscience interviews (except for the one person that was apparently already accepted with CSC scholarship). Unless you know of someone personally that got an official invite?

Edited by ExpandTheBrain

1 hour ago, ExpandTheBrain said:

I don't think they even started. Even on gradcafe's own survey there is no mention of BBS Neuroscience interviews (except for the one person that was apparently already accepted with CSC scholarship). Unless you know of someone personally that got an official invite?

I don't. I may have seen that one and misunderstood. Thanks!

1 hour ago, ExpandTheBrain said:

In previous years Yale neuro came out right after New Years - last year was January 3rd. 

On 12/30/2017 at 1:00 AM, Cottagecheese24 said:

Is UC Berkeley's Molecular and Cell Biology Phd program still sending out invites? University of Colorado, Boulder Biochemistry program sent me an invite about an hour ago. 

They sent an email saying that invites would be sent out the first week of January, I see a few people got early invites though I wonder if those were "unofficial" invites through a POI or something and not from the department

1 hour ago, camth said:

They sent an email saying that invites would be sent out the first week of January, I see a few people got early invites though I wonder if those were "unofficial" invites through a POI or something and not from the department

Thank you so much! I have also seen some early interview invites after searching the Gradcafe results. But yes, I suspect they might also be "unofficial". 

16 minutes ago, Cottagecheese24 said:

Already? The deadline was December 24th. If you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your application? 

Right, I’d forgotten they extended the deadline (i think it’s actually still open)! I submitted pretty early, around mid or late November, I think. I did think it was weird they answered this early, especially it being New Year’s. Maybe they do some sort of rolling admission?

Edited by Some violinist

10 minutes ago, Some violinist said:

Right, I’d forgotten they extended the deadline (i think it’s actually still open)! I submitted pretty early, around mid or late November, I think. I did think it was weird they answered this early, especially it being New Year’s. Maybe they do some sort of rolling admission?

I believe they are doing rolling admissions. I've also applied to Rice SSPB but a day before the deadline (December 23rd, 2017). Hoping I hear from them soon! Thanks for letting us know and congrats!