Fall 2018 Statistics Applicant Thread

44 minutes ago, ipsumlorem said:

Seeing results for UW Masters...

Are these the same as the MS program? Or remnant PhD people? There isn’t anything up on my check app status, and its making me nervous

I was one of the people who posted results but didn't get an email. I applied directly to the MS program.

3 hours ago, BStat said:

Hey. Was talking about PhD statistics. I mailed them last week to know the status where they informed me that they are still in process of reviewing the applications and expect to post the results on their portals by the first week of March. 

UT Austin stats visit day is this Friday so I think they sent their first round. However, that does not mean you will be rejected. Historically their yield rate is 40% so there should be more offers coming out.  I'll let you know how many people are there.  All I know is I am not the only one going. 

Anyone else apply to the MAS at Colorado State? 

Their deadline is quite a ways off, but I'm wondering if anyone knows what their decision timeline is. I imagine that I'll be sitting on my hands for a couple of months. 

33 minutes ago, AndrewYao said:

Could anyone recommend some Masters Programs whose deadline hasn't passed? I applied to mostly PhD programs and it is looking extremely bad right now.

Where you waiting to hear back from? On mobile can't see signatures. University of Nevada has a brand new phd program and the deadline is March 1. In the case where you are actually worried and looking for backup plans. Shoot me a message if you have any questions about the program. As of now they still fund masters students and many of the current phd students started in the masters program. 

https://www.unr.edu/degrees/statistics-and-data-science/phd

Edited by GoPackGo89

5 hours ago, AndrewYao said:

Could anyone recommend some Masters Programs whose deadline hasn't passed? I applied to mostly PhD programs and it is looking extremely bad right now.

UVM (Vermont) application is open until March 1st. They don't have a PhD program so most of their Masters students get funding. Burlington is supposedly a nice place to live (if you can deal with the winters).