Fall 2018 Statistics Applicant Thread

29 minutes ago, boilers23 said:

Any opinions on UWisconsin Biostat v. UNC Biostat, I know UNC is technically the better program but their lack of computing is worrying me a little. 

What do you mean by "lack of computing"? According to the course requirements at Wisconsin and at UNC, it seems like UNC actually requires students to take a course in computing, whereas Wisconsin does not. 

13 minutes ago, phdhopeful1995 said:

what should I do if I am still on the waitlist of my top choice but I also need to respond to other schools that gave me offers by today? Could I decline an accepted offer after April 15?

If you are planning to attend the school if you don't get off the other waitlist, you don't really have a choice but to accept the offer for now. 

24 minutes ago, phdhopeful1995 said:

what should I do if I am still on the waitlist of my top choice but I also need to respond to other schools that gave me offers by today? Could I decline an accepted offer after April 15?

According to the April 15 Resolution, "an offer by an institution after April 15 is conditional on presentation by the student of the written release from any previously accepted offer".

I'm in the exact same position as you, and I just accepted my offer at my second choice.  I've already declined offers elsewhere and I couldn't take the risk of having my only other offer rescinded.

Edited by leafpile

I received an admit for my application into Master of Science in Environmental Engineering from 

1) University of Illinois, Urbana Champaigne 

2) University of Michigan, Ann Arbor

It is kindly requested of fellow applicants to advise and help me choose my future university. Both are tied at 3rd position as per US NEWS and WORLD REPORT EDUCATION

44 minutes ago, ABHIJET SARAF said:

I received an admit for my application into Master of Science in Environmental Engineering from 

1) University of Illinois, Urbana Champaigne 

2) University of Michigan, Ann Arbor

It is kindly requested of fellow applicants to advise and help me choose my future university. Both are tied at 3rd position as per US NEWS and WORLD REPORT EDUCATION

Congrats on your offers! I think you're posting in the wrong forum. This forum is for mathematics and (bio)statistics (but mostly (bio)statistics). Good luck choosing!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Now that I got all the results, I still don't know how I got all of these rejections :), I was studying PhD in different school and the only way to transfer was applying again. I was thinking that I have high chance as a PhD student and explain it at my SOP that why want to transfer. I have 3 papers and lots of research experience :(

so confused!!