Fall 2018 Statistics Applicant Thread

13 minutes ago, lilchow said:

I am waiting for 8.... I've only heard back from 2. 

EIGHT SCHOOLS. 

You know the sad part is when you wait all that time just for a rejection letter that starts with Dear applicant ....

13 hours ago, AndrewYao said:

Could anyone recommend some Masters Programs whose deadline hasn't passed? I applied to mostly PhD programs and it is looking extremely bad right now.

University of Illinois's Master program's deadline is April 1st! 

I got a call from U Michigan in late December, 2017 with a faculty member that seemed very positive. I have yet to hear anything else yet. Has anyone else experienced this? 

Biostatistics PhD, Fall 2018

Applied: Michigan, Minnesota, Harvard, Emory, Wisconsin, Purdue

Accepted: UNC

Rejected: Washington

Edited by EmilyDamone

8 minutes ago, EmilyDamone said:

I got a call from U Michigan in late December, 2017 with a faculty member that seemed very positive. I have yet to hear anything else yet. Has anyone else experienced this? 

Biostatistics PhD, Fall 2018

Applied: Michigan, Minnesota, Harvard, Emory, Wisconsin, Purdue

Accepted: UNC

Rejected: Washington

I had a conversation at the beginning of this month and haven't heard back from them either. Biostat314 is in the same boat. The visit day for admitted students is March 16-17 so I'd expect to hear from them by the end of this week.

1 hour ago, Statsfan15 said:

@NumStats  It's definitely nerve wracking . I got my first acceptance yesterday after three rejections (HUGE sigh of relief!). You still have a lot of schools to go! All it takes is one.

OMG I totally get what you mean. But sometimes I was thinking that..."wait only one school approves of my experience and background?" Haha

I was kinda regretting for not applying to CMU but then I heard that it's pretty applied and I am glad that I got an offer from Yale, most of the professors from which have backgrounds and research experience in Bayesian statistics. If I go there, at least I won't have much arguments with them...XD