NSF GRFP 2017-18

spectastic

35 minutes ago, Bayesian1701 said:

No maintenance update yet.  It's past business hours in DC so I don't think it's coming.   Maybe @GoldenDog is right and maintenance is not necessary.  

Unfortunately, based on @mars667 and @Straightoutta's comments, I think it might be next week (27th)

8 minutes ago, engineerwoacause said:

It is starting to look that way. But I am trying to stay positive that a maintenance announcement is coming...

This waiting is killer! 

haha, having hopes up for early release but then not getting a word is too mentally taxing for me...

6 minutes ago, carlsaganism said:

haha, having hopes up for early release but then not getting a word is too mentally taxing for me...

agreed! I think I'm going to redirect my energy into something more productive and less speculative....like homework or something i guess......

5 minutes ago, mars667 said:

agreed! I think I'm going to redirect my energy into something more productive and less speculative....like homework or something i guess......

if you don't mind me asking, what year are you in? and what area in physics/astro?

4 minutes ago, carlsaganism said:

if you don't mind me asking, what year are you in? and what area in physics/astro?

senior undergrad. my research so far has been in brown dwarfs and black holes in dwarf galaxies, but I'm hoping to get into direct imaging in grad school.

5 minutes ago, mars667 said:

senior undergrad. my research so far has been in brown dwarfs and black holes in dwarf galaxies, but I'm hoping to get into direct imaging in grad school.

nicee, I'm 2nd year in grad school, I'm old = (

but I am also working indirectly on black holes = )

4 minutes ago, carlsaganism said:

nicee, I'm 2nd year in grad school, I'm old = (

but I am also working indirectly on black holes = )

haha, maybe academically--it took me a while to find something I liked enough to go to college for.

I've been studying them in cosmological simulations, which has been really fun! I get to look at lots of pretty (simulated) pictures.

I think because of this advisory:

pixel.gif
03/14/18  - 

ALERT: Effective March 26, 2018, NSF is making major changes to the way the research community registers new users and organizations and maintains account information. Click here for more details.

That they will have to release this week, because next monday is the 26th and this looks like it will mess up signing into fastlane.

29 minutes ago, nanograd said:

pixel.gif
03/14/18  - 

ALERT: Effective March 26, 2018, NSF is making major changes to the way the research community registers new users and organizations and maintains account information. Click here for more details.

That they will have to release this week, because next monday is the 26th and this looks like it will mess up signing into fastlane.

Yes, you may be right! Now the missing piece of the puzzle is the "maintenance" announcement that was supposed to happen today...

Edited by carlsaganism

23 minutes ago, nanograd said:

pixel.gif
03/14/18  - 

Or they could always wait until after these major changes and release it well into April like in 2009-2011...I hope this isn't the case! :unsure:

4 minutes ago, grilledcheese1 said:

I hope not.  I'm wondering why they released results so late back then though.  April 10??

your guess is as good as mine, I'm guessing the War in Iraq costed the government a lot of resource/money

1 hour ago, mparrish429 said:

At least I'm self-aware, right?

ekdtw6N.png

My PI asked me today when I should be hearing back from the nsf about this and I told him how I am following some nsf grfp threads and he told me, oh trust me I know the feeling of constantly refreshing fastlane. I just sent him this meme lol I have no idea how he'll reply but I appreciate your efforts in making it!

Ok, so it's looking like it's not going to be tomorrow given that a maintenance message has preceded literally every announcement in the past few years, unless I'm mistaken. Now time to see if we can put it out of our minds? 

Edited by psychpride9