NSF GRFP 2017-18

spectastic

9 minutes ago, GoldenDog said:

No. Look at the first page I linked. There was only one long and extended maintenance during notification.

What do you mean during notification?  If you look at the timestamps on the posts, it looks like the Thursday maintenance announcement was made on Thursday afternoon before the maintenance actually took place.  I'm not expecting results tomorrow if nothing is posted by this evening.

Edited by grilledcheese1

8 minutes ago, engineerwoacause said:

My apologies, but I am not quite following. 

First (bottom) announcement: Fastlane will be down Friday night- Saturday morning 

Second (upper) announcement: Fastlane will be down Thursday night - Friday morning. 

So we tentatively have the first announcement, just waiting on the second. Or am I still way off? Haha

In my post I referenced two different years. One year I gave only a link. Click that link:

"Two years ago, there was an extended shut down day of release (March 29)"

Here, goto that forum, and you see that there was only one maintenance, till 6 am. The results were announced at 3am.

9 minutes ago, thebest said:

But if it IS related, I don't see how the current announcement (Friday night to Saturday noon) suggests a Friday morning announcement IF the 2017 results suggested a Thursday night to Saturday morning maintenance schedule. Based on this, if it is related, shouldn't Saturday morning be the morning we hear back. Glad y'all are as weary as I am. Best of luck all.

If it is related, we would need a maintenance announcement for tonight to tomorrow morning. Either no maintenance announcement and results tomorrow morning or results on Saturday morning would go against the strong prior of Tuesday/Friday and maintenance night before to morning of. 

8 minutes ago, thebest said:

So none of us know it is related or not right.

But if it IS related, I don't see how the current announcement (Friday night to Saturday noon) suggests a Friday morning announcement IF the 2017 results suggested a Thursday night to Saturday morning maintenance schedule. Based on this, if it is related, shouldn't Saturday morning be the morning we hear back. Glad y'all are as weary as I am. Best of luck all.

I doubt we'd get results on a Saturday morning.  Let's hope the March 26 maintenance doesn't push the results announcement back further, and let's hope the Senate doesn't force a shutdown over the spending bill (my inclination is that they will).

On another note, I really wish the NSF would have a standard release date, like the second week of April.  Keeping people waiting to be told about a decent portion of their future (essentially) on an undetermined date seems cruel.

4 minutes ago, northernchild said:

If it is related, we would need a maintenance announcement for tonight to tomorrow morning. Either no maintenance announcement and results tomorrow morning or results on Saturday morning would go against the strong prior of Tuesday/Friday and maintenance night before to morning of. 

Ah wait, crumbs. Youre right, I misread the posted announcement as being tonight through tomorrow morning.

4 minutes ago, dankNugget420 said:

Anyone have an AutoHotkey script to refresh the fastlane page as fast as possible?  I've got a strobe light that should let me see the maintenance update when it comes... fingers crossed

Easy Auto Refresh extension on Chrome

10 minutes ago, ChemGal said:

What time does the alert generally appear? 

It seems anytime before 9pm the day before. However, my skeptisism is due to the first alert. If there was in fact two alerts prior to awards being released, I would expect them to be back to back. As someone previously mentioned, last year’s forum (which two alerts were shown prior to the release) had no posts in which just one alert was present; hence why the two should be close together in my speculation. 

But technically we should have until 9pm tonight before giving up completely on tomorrow

Edited by engineerwoacause

12 minutes ago, engineerwoacause said:

It seems anytime before 9pm the day before. However, my skeptisism is due to the first alert. If there was in fact two alerts prior to awards being released, I would expect them to be back to back. As someone previously mentioned, last year’s forum (which two alerts were shown prior to the release) had no posts in which just one alert was present; hence why the two should be close together in my speculation. 

But technically we should have until 9pm tonight before giving up completely on tomorrow

To be clear, two years ago there was only one alert. Just during the time of notification.

I asked if we would find out before decisions had to be made April 15th and this is the response I got back. 

image.png

Edited by amwhite
I accidentally posted the picture twice.

6 minutes ago, amwhite said:

I asked if we would find out before decisions had to be made April 15th and this is the response I got back. 

image.png

That definitely makes it sound like we won't know until April. 

6 minutes ago, amwhite said:

image.png

I think that's just their canned response they send out to anyone who asks about notification date. Same as on their website. Wouldn't read much into it.