NSF GRFP 2017-18

spectastic

6 minutes ago, Bayesian1701 said:

I wouldn’t give up yet.  Maybe maintenance is no longer necessary.  It could come later today. 

In previous alerts, people were notified during the early morning which is why I'm hesitant that today is the day.

26 minutes ago, fpga_bored said:

"correlation does not imply causation"

True, but correlation indicates slightly more evidence for a causal relationship than no correlation.  

If only I had real data on chances and release dates to do something.  I feel helpless because I can't run the numbers.  

1 hour ago, TK778 said:

So desperate I called the applicant help desk to inquire about the release date. They said the NSF has said "early April". RIP 

Yeah, they're just going to give their same canned response they give everyone. My guess is probably next Friday at this point.

1 hour ago, Marinebio444 said:

It just occurred to me: is it possible that NSF wanted to wait to release the winners until they knew for certain that the appropriations bill would pass?

Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll decide to kill two birds with one stone and upload the results during the long maintenance tonight since the bill got signed. 

18 minutes ago, YouCantBcereus said:

Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll decide to kill two birds with one stone and upload the results during the long maintenance tonight since the bill got signed. 

Wouldn't that mean they would wait until this coming Tuesday? Seems kinda strange that they would buck the trend of releasing on Tues/Fri.

1 hour ago, Marinebio444 said:

It just occurred to me: is it possible that NSF wanted to wait to release the winners until they knew for certain that the appropriations bill would pass?

Would that bill affect anything though, like the number of awards?  I assumed that would be set by now.  Not sure what would make them want to wait.  What if the government shut down and they had to push back the release date?  It would have been a better decision to release the winners before the bill went to the Senate.

21 minutes ago, YouCantBcereus said:

They close at 5 pm, so I highly doubt it.  Hopefully at the end of next week.

Edited by grilledcheese1

fingers crossed for everyone. Please baby Jesus let us find out soon so that we can finally end the suffering and get on with it! I can’t do another week if this torture. I swear, several times a day I have an existential crisis because of this madness 

Edited by amibleeding
Soelling

26 minutes ago, grilledcheese1 said:

Would that bill affect anything though, like the number of awards?  I assumed that would be set by now.  Not sure what would make them want to wait.  What if the government shut down and they had to push back the release date?  It would have been a better decision to release the winners before the bill went to the Senate.

If for some reason or another the bill didn't pass and they had to go through the process again, there's the slight chance that they could cut funds to NSF (unlikely, but this is politics we're talking about). That would have the potential to reduce the number of awards. Also just a theory, take it with a grain of salt.

30 minutes ago, Marinebio444 said:

If for some reason or another the bill didn't pass and they had to go through the process again, there's the slight chance that they could cut funds to NSF (unlikely, but this is politics we're talking about). That would have the potential to reduce the number of awards. Also just a theory, take it with a grain of salt.

That's OK, I already know i'm definitely not getting it so it wouldn't change how I feel lol.  Gotta keep my expectations low!!

Edited by grilledcheese1

1 hour ago, mparrish429 said:

Me shouting into a megaphone outside the White House: "Donald ya want a historic presidential legacy? Sign an executive order to start releasing the GRFP results on a Friday night!"

Dead ?