Columbia MSW Applicants (Fall 2018)

JonoDuncan

36 minutes ago, HopefulforMSW said:

Hi everyone!  I just heard back from Columbia and got accepted!  I'm floored!  No info on financial aid, which will determine whether or not I actually go, but this made my day!  Email directing me to the website arrived an hour ago.  Good luck to everyone!  

Congrats! That’s amazing!!! When did you submit your application? What were your stats, if you don’t mind sharing 

I submitted it on Dec 1 but had recurring electronic submission problems with one of my transcripts, so they didn't officially receive the whole thing until December 11.

I had a 3.89 undergrad GPA and a 4.0 master's in an unrelated field (applied linguistics), and have worked abroad for 3.5 years with an education NGO in Indonesia and 2.5 years with another one in Afghanistan.  

BTW, my application was to the online MSW program so I wonder if they have a different timeline for that.  I've heard from my SW professor friend that they are really trying to amp up this new program.  So don't feel bad if yours is still coming -- I'm guessing the NY campus is more competitive and taking them longer to process.  

14 hours ago, HopefulforMSW said:

Hi everyone!  I just heard back from Columbia and got accepted!  I'm floored!  No info on financial aid, which will determine whether or not I actually go, but this made my day!  Email directing me to the website arrived an hour ago.  Good luck to everyone!  

Congrats! :) 

I’m a history and philosophy double major. 3.9 GPA; I’m in a few different academic honor societies; a presidential scholar (and created a program to make my campus more accessible to students with disabilities); working on an honors thesis; and I TA for two classes.

When I’m home for breaks I’m a teaching assistant at a school for kids with severe disabilities, I’m an Ambassador for the American Cancer Society, I train seeing eye dogs for the Guide Dog Foundation for the blind, I work with a case manager to provide services for families in a homeless shelter, and I have my Girl Scout Gold Award

16 minutes ago, TariSafarii said:

Has anyone heard back? 

Not yet! I called their admissions office on Friday and they said that priority applicants will hear back by March 1st. 

I applied Feb 2, and just now received the email from Columbia stating they have received all required materials for my application to our and that the "application is now complete and will enter the admission review process."

Did any of you receive this email AND get your admissions decision? I'm wondering what the time frame might be between this email and hearing if I'm accepted or not.

3 hours ago, justsomename12 said:

I applied Feb 2, and just now received the email from Columbia stating they have received all required materials for my application to our and that the "application is now complete and will enter the admission review process."

Did any of you receive this email AND get your admissions decision? I'm wondering what the time frame might be between this email and hearing if I'm accepted or not.

To this point I've never received that email from Columbia! NYU uses the same application portal and I when I applied there I was accepted a couple days after getting that completion email.