Vanier CGS (2017-2018)

PsychBoy

8 minutes ago, p(ache)d said:

Last year, I got my email at 1:46 pm EST from researchnet... Sending you folks good vibes

It's past that time. I am crossing my fingers it's today, before 3 pm.

I need to focus on work and other stuff but I end up being mentally distracted by this, lol! I'm relieved somewhat I am not the only one neurotic about this. I am sending you all good vibes!!!

15 minutes ago, DtheG12 said:

Made an account just to say I feel the exact same way as all of you. Waiting. So much waiting. 

I did the same thing. I've felt a lot better about myself knowing I'm not the only one completely freaking out over this. I jump out of my skin every time I get an email and it's so stressful waiting for the results to become available. . . It's also impossible to get any meaningful work done! 

6 minutes ago, InsaneMembrane said:

I did the same thing. I've felt a lot better about myself knowing I'm not the only one completely freaking out over this. I jump out of my skin every time I get an email and it's so stressful waiting for the results to become available. . . It's also impossible to get any meaningful work done! 

I can only bother my friends and family for so long, haha. It’s oddly relieving to know we all feel the same. 

Hey everyone! New to this forum. Also waiting to hear something. I have a quick question - does anyone happen to know of anyone who transferred their Vanier to another PhD program at a different university? I know it says clearly on the website that this isn't possible, but I'm really hoping that if I do get Vanier I will be able to transfer it.... looking for a loophole so please let me know if you have heard anything about this being a possibility! 

Good luck everyone!! 

Discovered Grad Cafe not long ago and then found you all - nice to know I'm not alone in being severely distracted today!

Well, 5 minutes to 3:00 pm EST.

I think it's highly likely we won't hear about it today. :(

Another day of stressing! This is awful because I have two major presentations within the next few days. I wish I did not have this as a distraction. :P

6 minutes ago, CrazyPugLady said:

Well, 5 minutes to 3:00 pm EST.

I think it's highly likely we won't hear about it today. :(

Another day of stressing! This is awful because I have two major presentations within the next few days. I wish I did not have this as a distraction. :P

in the exact same boat here!

was gonna post the same: not happening today! 

5 minutes ago, Gradstudentforlife said:

Well find out in the first two weeks of April. I just heard back from vanier... 

Vanier told you that it's within the two weeks?

Oh my god. So we have potentially until next Friday to know? -_- At this rate we'll find out about Vanier and SSHRC at the same time.

Emailed!

We regret that, due to some administrative challenges, the results for the 2017-2018 Vanier competition have been delayed. The secretariat is diligently working on the release of results, which is slated to take place during the first two weeks of April.

We apologize for the delay, and thank you for your comprehension.

5 minutes ago, Gradstudentforlife said:

Emailed!

We regret that, due to some administrative challenges, the results for the 2017-2018 Vanier competition have been delayed. The secretariat is diligently working on the release of results, which is slated to take place during the first two weeks of April.

Thanks for passing that info on. I feel less anxious now....maybe?

26 minutes ago, Gradstudentforlife said:

Emailed!

Thank you very much!

Edited by PsychBoy

37 minutes ago, CrazyPugLady said:

Vanier told you that it's within the two weeks?

Oh my god. So we have potentially until next Friday to know? -_- At this rate we'll find out about Vanier and SSHRC at the same time.

I am going to be in so much trouble re. sleeping and eating then. I was so anxious I stayed up all night for this, and then went to the pool to "refresh" myself and go into my happy place in preparation for the (most likely bad) news. I actually fell asleep in the hot tub. I crossed my arms on the steps around the tub, closed my eyes, put my head down (nose and mouth above water), and went right to sleep.

A lifeguard woke me up and I apparently asked him "is it here, yet?"

"Grad student, eh?" said the guard.

...Right...How'd you know?

16 minutes ago, orange turtle said:

By the way, is anybody at all in the CIHR pool on this thread? I seem to only see SSHRC and NSERC.

Tell me I'm not the only neurotic, sleep-deprived CIHR person here! ...Hug me...:(

I'm also part of the CIHR club, looks like both results will come out close together

CIHR here too. Totally forgot about this until today. What helps me is the fact that getting this thing wouldn't make me that much happier in the grand scheme of things. One award can't quantify anyone's self worth. Hang in there, everyone!

hi all - been following this forum for a while (thanks everyone!) but also joining now to commiserate. wow, it is going to be so hard waiting. i agree it would be better if there was just a set date, even if it's later. i think i'm just going to have to try to pretend that it's next friday and try not to think about it until then! 

9 minutes ago, slem said:

i think i'm just going to have to try to pretend that it's next friday and try not to think about it until then! 

Same. I'll just tell myself I'll find out on Friday the 13th -- an unfortunately inauspicious date!

I'm thinking it won't be until next week because of the email response above, but I'm just hoping it's as soon as possible lol. 

Does anybody know if they send out individual emails or if we'll all know at the exact same time?

1 hour ago, InsaneMembrane said:

I'm thinking it won't be until next week because of the email response above, but I'm just hoping it's as soon as possible lol. 

Does anybody know if they send out individual emails or if we'll all know at the exact same time?

pretty sure it's at the exact same time