Vanier CGS (2017-2018)

PsychBoy

2 hours ago, PsychBoy said:

so apparently the regular NSERC doctoral scholarship results are out...shouldn't they let people know about the Vanier first?

Yeah...I wish we knew! Although I was told that SSHRC results won't be out until late April. Surprising that NSERC released them so soon. 

18 minutes ago, somuchtoread said:

Yeah...I wish we knew! Although I was told that SSHRC results won't be out until late April. Surprising that NSERC released them so soon. 

yup! I'm also in the SSHRC team (i.e., late April)

Vanier people: under which agency are you?

This is simply unbearable 

I can't focus on my work, I'm irritable and anxious 

I really wish we had a date 

at this point the hype is dead, I just want to know and move on

Edited by PsychBoy

My friend said last year it was in the afternoon.

If we don't hear anything by 3PM EST I am just gonna assume it's not today, grrr! I mean most government work days end around 3 pm - 4:30 pm. So I doubt it would be past that time.

ETA: I just asked her. She said she remembers it being in the late afternoon.

Dang it, just getting my hopes up more haha

Edited by CrazyPugLady

12 minutes ago, CrazyPugLady said:

If we don't hear anything by 3PM EST I am just gonna assume it's not today, grrr! I mean most government work days end around 3 pm - 4:30 pm. So I doubt it would be past that time.

Please tell your friend thank you from us! So helpful to have someone on hand to answer questions!

*refreshes researchnet again*

17 minutes ago, CrazyPugLady said:

so like 4 pm-ish max? :)

7 minutes ago, gradschool__throwaway said:

Please tell your friend thank you from us! So helpful to have someone on hand to answer questions!

*refreshes researchnet again*

I will!

I'm not even going to bother refreshing on ResearchNet. It will make me too anxious. The current state of mind I am in right now is jumping out of my seat every time I see an e-mail notification on my cellphone.

5 minutes ago, PsychBoy said:

so like 4 pm-ish max? :)

That's my stipulation only because this is a government agency. :P Most people like to leave around that time. I'm one of the weirdos who comes in later and leaves later around 6 pm. Either way I doubt we'd get updates that late.

My friend just said late afternoon, so that could be around 3 pm.

I would be less stressed if they gave us a definitive day and timeline. Then we can go on with our lives until then!!!

This has got to be the most stressful waiting I've ever done for school. Even waiting for my MA, PhD acceptances; and for OGS and SSHRC in previous years has not been this suspenseful.

6 minutes ago, CrazyPugLady said:

This has got to be the most stressful waiting I've ever done for school. Even waiting for my MA, PhD acceptances; and for OGS and SSHRC in previous years has not been this suspenseful.

I agree completely.... I wish we just had a defined date at this point! I'm starting to think perhaps they didn't finalize the winners yet and thats why they needed to push the date back to april....just a guess though.