4 hours ago, peachyspeachie said:

Has anyone heard back from the UofT waitlist yet? Has anyone been accepted to Western but wants to decline their offer if they get off the UofT waitlist?

Hey, I haven't heard anything yet, but if UofT were to accept me then I would decline my Western offer!

5 hours ago, SED-SLP said:

I got a call from UofT on Friday afternoon to be taken off the waitlist,  I declined my offer though. 

hey do you mind sharing your stats with me? Im waiting for them to fingers crossed call me and I want to get an idea of where I stand ? 

ORPAS says provisional acceptances automatically become firm on May 1st. I've provisionally accepted McMaster, but I'm also on the waitlist for U of T, which is my top choice. Does anyone know if I can still be considered for U of T, even after my McMaster acceptance becomes firm?

11 hours ago, SVC5079 said:

ORPAS says provisional acceptances automatically become firm on May 1st. I've provisionally accepted McMaster, but I'm also on the waitlist for U of T, which is my top choice. Does anyone know if I can still be considered for U of T, even after my McMaster acceptance becomes firm?

Unfortunately that means you are removed from all waitlists when your offer becomes firm. Here's a statement on ORPAS that confirms this https://www.ouac.on.ca/faq/difference-between-provisional-and-firm-acceptance-orpas/

13 hours ago, peachyspeachie said:

Unfortunately that means you are removed from all waitlists when your offer becomes firm. Here's a statement on ORPAS that confirms this https://www.ouac.on.ca/faq/difference-between-provisional-and-firm-acceptance-orpas/

thats so frustrating ? I wonder if UofT even filled up their rejected spots. But a friend told me she knows someone who was accepted off the UofT waitlist in August last year for OT even though he had accepted a different school... so I don't know how strict they are with that ? 

1 hour ago, BE12 said:

thats so frustrating ? I wonder if UofT even filled up their rejected spots. But a friend told me she knows someone who was accepted off the UofT waitlist in August last year for OT even though he had accepted a different school... so I don't know how strict they are with that ? 

Yeah, it seems like they didn't even fill up their rejected spots so, maybe you can still get a call, especially since it has happened before :)

16 hours ago, peachyspeachie said:

Yeah, it seems like they didn't even fill up their rejected spots so, maybe you can still get a call, especially since it has happened before :)

I called them a few days ago with a question, and they told me that the woman in charge of SLP Admissions recently got a promotion, and they haven’t filled her position yet, so they're totally backed up in terms of admissions. Hopefully that means there are still calls to be made! 

4 hours ago, SVC5079 said:

I called them a few days ago with a question, and they told me that the woman in charge of SLP Admissions recently got a promotion, and they haven’t filled her position yet, so they're totally backed up in terms of admissions. Hopefully that means there are still calls to be made! 

That completely makes sense now, since calls were barely being made after the first round of acceptances. Thanks for letting us know! :)

14 minutes ago, peachyspeachie said:

That completely makes sense now, since calls were barely being made after the first round of acceptances. Thanks for letting us know!:)

No problem! They also said they're a few days behind on emails, so don't feel ignored if anyone's emailed them! Ahaha.

On 4/19/2018 at 8:41 PM, bp21 said:

Accepted off the waitlist at Dal! Very excited, big thank you to whoever didn't take their offer! :)

Hey I am currently waitlisted. Could you message me your stats as well? I want to know where I stand :)

3 hours ago, o2018 said:

Does Dal's SLP program go through the summer?

There is an internship in the summer after the 2nd year but other than that no.

On 5/15/2018 at 1:40 PM, slphopeful101 said:

Hey everyone, I was just accepted off the waitlist at Dalhousie. I already accepted a spot at U of A so someone else on the Dal waitlist should hear soon!!

I also got off Dal's waitlist on Tuesday but am declining it as I am going to Western. So someone else will hear soon too!!

• 3 weeks later...