2018 Speech Pathology Graduate Applicants

Hi everyone!

I applied to Kean University for Fall 2018 and I was curious to know how many semesters the program is? I saw on EdFind by ASHA that it is typically 6 full-time semesters.... is this true because it is only 57 credits, which is pretty standard for most programs that only have 5 semesters.  Would anyone be able to shed some light on the topic?

On 3/13/2018 at 5:51 PM, kcoe4 said:

I am an out of state student who is thinking about going to open house! I am still trying to decide which program I am going to attend because I have a few offers instate but I am VERY interested in Boulder and would love to learn more about the program and the area. 

I am most likely going to go to the open house. I am also very much interested in their program! I can't imagine making such a big decision without having seen the area, talking to current students and faculty, etc. even though it is so expensive right after the holiday weekend! 

5 minutes ago, Felice said:

Received an acceptance from New Mexico State University! They first asked me to interview, and just told me I was accepted without having to interview. If anyone has any opinions about this school, please share! 

Did you just receive an email? I'm still waiting to hear from them and I'm getting nervous!! 

43 minutes ago, AL_SLPclassof2020!! said:

Did you just receive an email? I'm still waiting to hear from them and I'm getting nervous!! 

Yes, I received it like an hour ago! I heard that they are supposed to be sending all of their acceptances today. I hope you have good news coming your way :) 

Have you visited the school or know anything about the area? I haven't visited yet! Thanks! 

On 3/15/2018 at 2:26 PM, Slowcheetah said:

Me too :( I have a 3.85 GPA with awesome letters. My GRE was not good though. 137 Q/149 V/ 3.5 AW. My best friend got denied too and she had a 3.9 GPA with similar GRE 149 Q/149 V/ 3.5 AW.

I was really hopeful and really wanted to go here :(

Dude, me too! Wow yes my scores were similar, I've taken the GRE 4 times! :/ 

On 3/12/2018 at 10:33 AM, LittleBirdy said:

Did anyone get waitlist from Boulder? Just wondering if I should still hope for that or wait to received my rejection since they sent out admission invites...

I got waitlisted from Boulder and I would definitely suggest emailing them and asking where you are on the waitlist so you can get a better idea of what your chances are! I did that and they let me know. Good luck!

Time is progressing..... anyone heard from my last schools I await answers from? Valdosta? Georgia State? Armstrong State? University of Georgia? University of Montana? University of Louisiana Lafayette? Tennessee State University? ANYONE ANYONE???? :wacko:

10 minutes ago, SLP2BEEEEE said:

Time is progressing..... anyone heard from my last schools I await answers from? Valdosta? Georgia State? Armstrong State? University of Georgia? University of Montana? University of Louisiana Lafayette? Tennessee State University? ANYONE ANYONE???? :wacko:

I was accepted to UL on 3-15. So they said they were sending acceptances out in 2 waves do theymight have sent them all out 3-15/3-16 but I could be wrong. I go there for undergrad and have not heard of anyone getting waitlist or rejection letters yet. 

Edited by CajunSLP18
Added stuff

9 minutes ago, CajunSLP18 said:

I was accepted to UL on 3-15. So they said they were sending acceptances out in 2 waves do theymight have sent them all out 3-15/3-16 but I could be wrong. I go there for undergrad and have not heard of anyone getting waitlist or rejection letters yet. 

Ok, I am waiting to hear from them. Maybe I'll give them a call if I don't hear anything. thank you for helping me. Was it sent via email?

Anyone else who sees this post and can relate, PLEASE COMMENT!!! :)

15 minutes ago, SLP2BEEEEE said:

Ok, I am waiting to hear from them. Maybe I'll give them a call if I don't hear anything. thank you for helping me. Was it sent via email?

Anyone else who sees this post and can relate, PLEASE COMMENT!!! :)

If you call, please PM me and let me know what they say. I have friends waiting to hear too. And yes you get an email, and a letter sent a few days later. 

1 hour ago, SLP2BEEEEE said:

I heard through the grapevine that University of Montana recently said that they will be sending out emails the end of march-early April. They are currently trying to hire a faculty vacancy which is probably why they’re taking so long. That doesn’t give us much time to make a decision!

For people who have started to hear back from UGA, did y'all do your undergrad there?? Also still waiting to hear from UCF (fall), Valdosta State, and West Chester. Does anyone have info for any of these schools?

1 hour ago, Lindsey406 said:

I heard through the grapevine that University of Montana recently said that they will be sending out emails the end of march-early April. They are currently trying to hire a faculty vacancy which is probably why they’re taking so long. That doesn’t give us much time to make a decision!

thank you so much. Please write in if you got an email or not this week!

44 minutes ago, TurboDog15 said:

Hey, I'm waiting to hear too! I haven't see any new notifications from them on here, either! I imagine the next round is waitlists & rejections...but who knows!

I hope not! Write in when you get notified, PLEASE!!! :)

1 hour ago, efz5005 said:

For people who have started to hear back from UGA, did y'all do your undergrad there?? Also still waiting to hear from UCF (fall), Valdosta State, and West Chester. Does anyone have info for any of these schools?

I made a post like this earlier, Did you get into UGA? I am waiting to hear back from them. Also, noone has heard from VSU yet. I am waiting on VSU. 

10 minutes ago, SLP2BEEEEE said:

I made a post like this earlier, Did you get into UGA? I am waiting to hear back from them. Also, noone has heard from VSU yet. I am waiting on VSU. 

No, I haven't heard from UGA yet and I didn't do my undergrad there! I'm hoping we hear something from UGA and VSU this week