2018 Speech Pathology Graduate Applicants

11 hours ago, Jeff Munn said:

Me too! Just got accepted to University of South Carolina, and ISU is the only other one I applied to. The suspense is too much! I keep hitting refresh... sometimes I hit refresh twice in case I didn't click it the right way the first time :-P

It's awful and nothing but pure torture. I am hoping we will hear back on Monday! I was accepted into another program today though, which I wasn't expecting hear from until Mid-March! I was so focused on hearing from ISU I was thrown off when I heard back from Pacific U! Congrats on getting accepted into USC!

26 minutes ago, KaryOaky said:

I think it's perfectly normal. I know at my school, even though the deadline to apply is Feb 1, the committee doesn't usually meet until a week or 2 later, and then it takes them almost a month to make a decision, meaning we'll hear back around early to mid March. I'd be surprised if you didn't hear from anyone by this Friday. However, the schools usually let the most competitive (and sometimes the least competitive) candidates know first, and then they send out waitlist notifications and rejections later. This obviously varies by school. Have you noticed if other people have heard back from the schools to which you have applied?

Yes a number of my friends already heard back from some of the same schools I applied to in the NYC area but I also have friends who haven't, maybe the anxiety is just getting to me haha 

Hey guys! I saw on the admissions results forum that people were hearing from East Carolina (ECU) and was wondering if that was just for the distance education program or for on campus as well. I haven't received any notifications by email and my portal says that my application was still under review so I just want to make sure I didn't miss something. Thanks so much and good luck to everyone during this time!

On 2/22/2018 at 10:30 AM, SpeechJC said:

I received an email Saturday morning about "being mindful of the deadlines" but all of my supporting documents were submitted before the Dec. 1st deadline to CSDCAS and GSU. So I'm not sure if my application is being reviewed or if it was tossed or what. The communication between admissions, the graduate school and the applicant aren't the best. 

Update: I was not invited for an interview. An official denial of admissions letter will come in the mail later. 

HEY GUYS! Y'all help me out and let me know what you have been accepted, rejected, or wait listed from on my list that I am waiting to hear back from!! This is my 2nd year applying and I am hoping to get in this time!!!! Who have you heard from??

Valdosta State, Georgia State, Armstrong State, UGA, University of Northern Colorado, University of Montana, University of Redlands, Rocky Mountain University, James Madison University, Tennessee State University, East Tennessee State University, University of Montevallo, University of Lafayette Louisiana, Fontebonne University (ACCEPTED), University of West Georgia (REJECTED FOR THE 2ND TIME :( )

Edited by SLP2BEEEEE

On 3/1/2018 at 1:39 PM, mws5997 said:

Hi kind of random but does anyone have any information about when La Salle or UVA will be sending out decisions? I know UVA says that they send acceptances the first week of March but wasn't sure if this counts as the first week. La Salle last year sent out decisions around Feb 24th so I am super anxious. 

Hey! I just got accepted to La Salle via email this morning! Good luck! Check your inbox!

Edited by Ange1414

1 hour ago, SLP2BEEEEE said:

HEY GUYS! Y'all help me out and let me know what you have been accepted, rejected, or wait listed from on my list that I am waiting to hear back from!! This is my 2nd year applying and I am hoping to get in this time!!!! Who have you heard from??

Valdosta State, Georgia State, Armstrong State, UGA, University of Northern Colorado, University of Montana, University of Redlands, Rocky Mountain University, James Madison University, Tennessee State University, East Tennessee State University, University of Montevallo, University of Lafayette Louisiana, Fontebonne University (ACCEPTED), University of West Georgia (REJECTED FOR THE 2ND TIME :( )

I am at ULL for undergrad. No one has heard anything yet. I’m sure it will be 2-3 weeks. 

I was accepted to JMU at the end of Feb. I didn’t apply to any of your other schools, but I know people have already heard back from GSU. 

I am still waiting on U of MT and UNC too. I did my undergrad at U of MT and they are usually late in getting responses out. And they are currently trying to fill-in in a position for a new professor for the program, so I am sure we won't hear anything for awhile. :( Also, according to the admission results page, UM was at the end of March last year and UNC was around Mid-March... so hopefully we will hear soon! Best of luck!

58 minutes ago, aelwood14 said:

I am still waiting on U of MT and UNC too. I did my undergrad at U of MT and they are usually late in getting responses out. And they are currently trying to fill-in in a position for a new professor for the program, so I am sure we won't hear anything for awhile. :( Also, according to the admission results page, UM was at the end of March last year and UNC was around Mid-March... so hopefully we will hear soon! Best of luck!

Thanks so much! Please keep posting and let me know what you hear back!!! Good luck!! :) Yes there is always something happening within the department :/ I hope we will hear back soon!

Edited by SLP2BEEEEE

1 hour ago, KaryOaky said:

I was accepted to JMU at the end of Feb. I didn’t apply to any of your other schools, but I know people have already heard back from GSU. 

Ok thank you so much! GSU is so hard idk if I will get accepted!!! But thank you so much :)

44 minutes ago, SLP2BEEEEE said:

Thanks so much! Please keep posting and let me know what you hear back!!! Good luck!! :) Yes there is always something happening within the department :/ I hope we will hear back soon!

I will for sure! Best of luck to you!

On 3/2/2018 at 7:19 PM, J2018 said:

Did anyone hear from Idaho State today?

I still haven’t heard from ISU yet. I wish they wouldn’t have gave me hope for Friday because now I’m just anxious! So much email refreshing!

5 hours ago, SLP2BEEEEE said:

I applied to Armstrong State a few years ago and they didn't accept me until MAY... so you might have to wait to hear from them :(

2 hours ago, Lindsey406 said:

I still haven’t heard from ISU yet. I wish they wouldn’t have gave me hope for Friday because now I’m just anxious! So much email refreshing!

Seriously. I've clicked refresh no fewer than 25 times today.

27 minutes ago, Jeff Munn said:

Seriously. I've clicked refresh no fewer than 25 times today.

I seriously think they sent out that email way too prematurely. I think they gave a ton of people a sense of lost hope over the weekend. It even seems to be getting late today, but maybe we will finally hear tomorrow???