Fall 2018 Cycle

ahmed.samy

44 minutes ago, scientific said:

I got my first acceptance and it's to my top choice! I can't believe it, I didn't expect to get in, let alone this early. I'm scared to accept the offer in case I wake up....

Congrats!

Has anyone who has applied to UChicago (materials) heard back from them? I see a lot of acceptances on the response page but nobody (except a few theoretical) specified their subdiscipline. Wondering if any materials subdiscipline applicants have heard back

1 hour ago, scientific said:

I got my first acceptance and it's to my top choice! I can't believe it, I didn't expect to get in, let alone this early. I'm scared to accept the offer in case I wake up....

Congrats! I just got in to UIUC also, literally don't believe it. My jaw dropped when I saw the email. Pretty good Tuesday to say the least :) 

49 minutes ago, rw16202 said:

Congrats! I just got in to UIUC also, literally don't believe it. My jaw dropped when I saw the email. Pretty good Tuesday to say the least :) 

thank you and congrats to you too!! haha how did you know it was UIUC? but yes!! I haven't stopped smiling all day.

Did you accept? Did they CC anyone on your email? I'm worried it's too early; my  application status on the site says "awaiting decision," but I suppose I'm just being a worrywart now!

47 minutes ago, scientific said:

thank you and congrats to you too!! haha how did you know it was UIUC? but yes!! I haven't stopped smiling all day.

Did you accept? Did they CC anyone on your email? I'm worried it's too early; my  application status on the site says "awaiting decision," but I suppose I'm just being a worrywart now!

your signature said accepted to UIUC lol, so I figured that must be it! 

I didn't accept because I'm still waiting to hear from 6 more places, but I'm def going to visit. They cc'd one professor (van der Veen) who I mentioned in my SoP, what about you? and yeah mine says that too, I guess the graduate college moves slow. I'm sure it'll update soon! obviously I'm worrying about that too lol

4 minutes ago, rw16202 said:

your signature said accepted to UIUC lol, so I figured that must be it! 

I didn't accept because I'm still waiting to hear from 6 more places, but I'm def going to visit. They cc'd one professor (van der Veen) who I mentioned in my SoP, what about you? and yeah mine says that too, I guess the graduate college moves slow. I'm sure it'll update soon! obviously I'm worrying about that too lol

I wonder if I can visit again even if I've accepted? I love it out there.  :lol:

Oh that's who was CC'd on mine too! I did mention her but there's another professor i would like to work with. I wonder if that's an issue? Aaah, here I am getting bogged down in the details already...

30 minutes ago, citrullination said:

Does anyone who has received an acceptance from Berkeley know when the visit weekend dates are? I got the acceptance notification via email from the Graduate Division, but they didn't include any information about visit weekend / financial package and whatnot.

I got an email from a POI last week, and these are the dates he told me: 3/2 for inorganic and energy, 3/9 for organic, and 3/16 for organic and chem bio. He said you can attend any weekend, but they’re loosely organized by area of interest. I haven’t received any official info about the visit weekends or financial stuff either, but I imagine it will come soon now that the Graduate Division has sent out official acceptances.

6 hours ago, scientific said:

I wonder if I can visit again even if I've accepted? I love it out there.  :lol:

Oh that's who was CC'd on mine too! I did mention her but there's another professor i would like to work with. I wonder if that's an issue? Aaah, here I am getting bogged down in the details already...

If it's any help, for organic they CC'ed the same professor for everyone who organises all the visit weekends etc. Might be the same for you!

11 hours ago, scientific said:

I think she might be the pchem program coordinator? they told me to contact her re: visiting details. and I'm sure they'll let you come to an admitted students weekend! it'll def be a totally different experience, plus you'll get to meet potential classmates! maybe I'll see ya there! 

2 hours ago, rwoodward said:

Just got into UC Berkeley for Organic! Cannot believe it!

The e-mail says "By this time, you should have been contacted by a member of Chemistry's admission's committee" but this has not happened haha. Should I e-mail the person back saying this hasn't happened? Or is there no point? 

Congratulations!

3 hours ago, rwoodward said:

Just got into UC Berkeley for Organic! Cannot believe it!

The e-mail says "By this time, you should have been contacted by a member of Chemistry's admission's committee" but this has not happened haha. Should I e-mail the person back saying this hasn't happened? Or is there no point? 

Whoo! Congrats!