Fall 2018 Cycle

ahmed.samy

On 1/19/2018 at 12:29 PM, Zinniak said:

Has anyone not heard back from MIT yet? I saw that people have already received both acceptance and rejections. Is MIT still reviewing candidates? 

I was accepted to the program at MIT (:O) this past Friday through a phone call. I was not offered an interview and I'm interested in chemical biology. 

1 hour ago, supremethiophene said:

Has anyone heard from UPenn, Yale, Harvard, or UChicago for inorganic yet? Surprised I haven't heard from many schools and it's this late...

I haven't hear from Yale or Harvard either. I guess I'm rejected. Pretty disappointing, I thought I'd have a chance at least one of Harvard, Princeton or Yale. I'm disappointed I didn't apply to more schools. Oh well.

Has anyone heard from Michigan State University? Previous years showed that they release most of their decisions around this time, but haven't seen any acceptances or rejections from the results page lately.

Also, is it time to give up hoping on Georgia Institute of Technology, MIT, and University of Rochester?

I'm applying for the Organic track. :) 

Northwestern told me they'd have all domestic decisions for chemistry out by.. a week or two ago? Ish. Was it a week ago?

That does not mean international - if you can, call them! The chemistry department graduate guy is very sweet and friendly and can give you an estimated timeline, or let you know if decisions have all come out already.. Im hoping for you guys!

Edit - this goes for most schools. Try to call them! Most dont mind a polite inquiry about the status of decisions and expected timelines. Just be polite and dont ask for your decision right then and there. I usually phrased mine as, Hi, Ive got a question that I totally understand if you cant answer right now, but I was curious about... and asked about the timelines for decisions, etc.

Hope that helps!

Edited by Fiain

12 hours ago, PhilChem94 said:

Has anyone heard from Michigan State University? Previous years showed that they release most of their decisions around this time, but haven't seen any acceptances or rejections from the results page lately.

Also, is it time to give up hoping on Georgia Institute of Technology, MIT, and University of Rochester?

I'm applying for the Organic track. :) 

Based on past years, it looks like Georgia Tech releases a bunch of decisions in late Jan/early Feb - so there's still time!

57 minutes ago, guest12345 said:

Does anyone know/seen any indication of whether Harvard is still reviewing applicants (Chemistry and Chemical Biology program)? Seems like a few people got in this week, but their website says they announce decisions in February. 

Wondering the same thing! It seems like last year the four people who posted their acceptances on the Results page all heard back on the same day. Prior years seemed to be slightly more spread out though?

1 hour ago, guest12345 said:

Does anyone know/seen any indication of whether Harvard is still reviewing applicants (Chemistry and Chemical Biology program)? Seems like a few people got in this week, but their website says they announce decisions in February. 

In my decision email I was told that an official email from the Harvard GSAS would come out tomorrow (the 26th) and info about visiting would come out next week. I'm not sure if that's any indication, but maybe they'll be reviewing applicants through tomorrow? 

I've been stalking this forum for a while now... I figured it was time to say hi!

I've gotten in so far at CU Boulder, KU, and Purdue for organic. I'm still waiting to hear back from Northwestern, U Wisconsin, U Minnesota, U Michigan, and UC Davis. Anyone have timelines for these decisions? I'm getting antsy :wacko: