Fall 2018 Cycle

ahmed.samy

7 minutes ago, someth1ngAus said:

I applied for catalysis/organic/synthesis and haven't heard back. Some people have been waitlisted and accepted a while ago. Princeton used to send out rejections right after acceptances - they definitely changed their approach this year. We'll find out soon.

Weird, I wonder if any more acceptances are going to come out aside from the first wave that happened a few weeks ago...

1 hour ago, raul.carmo said:

I see you got into Emory, when did you receive the acceptance? As I applied late I'm not sure if my application has received full consideration and by this time I'm rejected or if it's still being reviewed.

I got the call on January 19. Their visit weekend is 2/23-2/25, and the deadline to RSVP is 2/14 so they might do another wave. BTW, I applied for physical chem. 

12 hours ago, PhilChem94 said:

I sent the graduate advisor at University of Houston an email last January 12 and was told that there would be a review in later part of January (almost February now). I got my application decision from UH last January 22. :)

I am so worried about my application it shows under review in the status. Are you international or domestic?? 

Someone just posted an admission from SUNY Buffalo in the admissions board. If you're this person, can you please let me know the date that your application was set to " Under committee review"? Mine changed to that on 01/29 so I am hoping to hear from them this week.

On 26/01/2018 at 10:30 PM, redevol727 said:

Hi I've been lurking here for quite some time, anyone hear from Columbia or Scripps for the organic chemistry track? Seems like UNC and UW are lost causes for me.

I know someone who has an interview from Scripps (organic)

20 hours ago, rw16202 said:

I called the admissions office at Georgia Tech today and the admissions officer told me that admissions are sent on a rolling basis via email throughout January and February. She did seem to think that more admissions were forthcoming. 

Piggybacking off of that, in case anyone else is waiting for Caltech...I also called them today and they told me that most admissions offers have been sent out. She did say that a few more offers would go out, but that the majority of offers had been extended already.

That is useful to know about Caltech - thanks! Is that for all of Chemistry or a specific subfield?

Can I ask who you called? When I called I got a generic unhelpful reply.... 

Edited by rwoodward

Do you guys think Berkeley is a lost cause now? I got a really generic "we're still reviewing your application" response when I asked them about my application status but I'm not sure what to believe anymore...

1 hour ago, NervousChemApplicant said:

Welp, just got my Princeton rejection 

Same here. I'm expecting the same from Yale at this point since they also had the wave of acceptances come out already.

1 hour ago, rwoodward said:

That is useful to know about Caltech - thanks! Is that for all of Chemistry or a specific subfield?

Can I ask who you called? When I called I got a generic unhelpful reply.... 

All of chemistry.

I called Alison Ross (she's the grad program coordinator I think) and I kind of had to coax it out of her, she was kind of unhelpful at first. 

1 hour ago, Orgmet said:

Do you guys think Berkeley is a lost cause now? I got a really generic "we're still reviewing your application" response when I asked them about my application status but I'm not sure what to believe anymore...

Same here. I'm expecting the same from Yale at this point since they also had the wave of acceptances come out already.

Yeah, I think Yale is a lost cause also... I think Berkeley is  done, PIs have called and also acceptance letters from the portal/graduate school have gone out. They're also well into reserving hotels/planning the visit weekends.

23 hours ago, smizz said:

Has anyone in materials heard from NYU or Columbia? This waiting is killing me!

I was accepted to NYU Chemistry (Inorganic) yesterday via e-mail. The director of grad studies mentioned that the department had completed its review process, so hopefully you will hear from them soon. :) Best wishes.

9 minutes ago, cappuccino_girl said:

I was accepted to NYU Chemistry (Inorganic) yesterday via e-mail. The director of grad studies mentioned that the department had completed its review process, so hopefully you will hear from them soon. :) Best wishes.

Oh really?? Awesome, congrats! I hope I get in, it's definitely one of my top choices.

49 minutes ago, rw16202 said:

All of chemistry.

I called Alison Ross (she's the grad program coordinator I think) and I kind of had to coax it out of her, she was kind of unhelpful at first. 

Ok thank you! 

It's strange as I have not heard of anyone hearing back for Organic Chemistry. But perhaps those people are keeping quiet...

Edited by rwoodward

32 minutes ago, NervousChemApplicant said:

Yeah, I think Yale is a lost cause also... I think Berkeley is  done, PIs have called and also acceptance letters from the portal/graduate school have gone out. They're also well into reserving hotels/planning the visit weekends.

I wouldn't count Yale out yet. I know they haven't extended any inorganic offers yet, at least.

56 minutes ago, rwoodward said:

Ok thank you! 

It's strange as I have not heard of anyone hearing back for Organic Chemistry. But perhaps those people are keeping quiet...

Ugh, I applied for pchem and I know a bunch of pchem people have posted results already. Honestly, I'd rather receive a rejection than radio silence. 

1 hour ago, A.Guillard said:

Has anyone heard from Vanderbilt, Brown, or John Hopkins? The waiting game is killing my soul.

I haven't heard back from Vanderbilt, let me know if you hear anything/find out when we can expect to know!