Fall 2018 Cycle

ahmed.samy

56 minutes ago, Fiain said:

Cornell's visit weekend is in two weeks, ish, right?

I havent heard anything from them yet...

Yeah, there's one two weeks from Friday (Feb 23-24) and early next month (Mar 9-10)

1 hour ago, boulderboi said:

anyone seen this for Minnesota? Just says decision made... no other information!

Picture2.thumb.jpg.309935ab4ea0e9e1075631166ffb58b5.jpg

Noticed that on my application page last week.  A day later I got an e-mail to check my official decision letter, although I didn't get in.  Hopefully its good news for you.

2 hours ago, The way said:

Noticed that on my application page last week.  A day later I got an e-mail to check my official decision letter, although I didn't get in.  Hopefully its good news for you.

Unfortunately it was a rejection. But I got a promotion at my job 5 minutes after which made the pain sting less.  

3 hours ago, The way said:

Did you scroll all the way down? My Maryland app was like that and there was a link at the bottom to open the letter. 

4 hours ago, cappuccino_girl said:

Has anyone heard from Dartmouth? :mellow:

not a word yet, if you have any information please share them here :)

although Dartmouth is my last option I would like to have this choice available

To whom it may concern, I called the University of Illinois at Chicago today and the secretary told me that they will start sending a new round of acceptances after Feb 15 and that all decisions should be done by the end of this month. I'm super anxious because UIC is my first option and is also one with the latest deadlines.

Rejected by Minnesota yesterday :( They were my number one school but oh well, at least I have other places to backup on.

I also as wondering does anyone know any details about Chem PhD Interviews? Like I have one at Michigan State but I don't know if it's a situation where my admittance hinges on the interview or if it's more of a 'lets make sure we like him/he's not crazy' kind of thing? How much should I prep and worry???

Just in case someone is still waiting to hear from University of Rochester.

Admissions offers have been released, however, waitlisted and denied candidate letters have not been released. That information will probably be sent by the end of February.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Best,

Robin Clark

Graduate Coordinator

Chemistry

I was told that I am one of the waitlisted applicants after I replied to ask about my application.

Edited by PhilChem94
Updated

Rejections out for UW :( This means I was rejected from both of my top choices in terms of research fit and left with two schools that only had one professor I was interested in. I hope visit weekends change my mind, otherwise I'm looking at staying at my job which I absolutely love (and pays much better haha). Sigh. I wish more schools did interviews. I do so well in person but always horrible when it comes to writing.

6 minutes ago, ChemDude said:

Yale still didn't send rejections which is weird.  It's kinda getting my hopes up. Hope they send something next week.

Hmm, it seems like in years past they've done the rejections really late sometimes (March 9-10) so maybe they'll come a lot later. I guess it's not the weirdest thing if they keep making offers since their visit weekends are end of March/early April.

16 minutes ago, ChemDude said:

Yale still didn't send rejections which is weird.  It's kinda getting my hopes up. Hope they send something next week.

11 minutes ago, Orgmet said:

Hmm, it seems like in years past they've done the rejections really late sometimes (March 9-10) so maybe they'll come a lot later. I guess it's not the weirdest thing if they keep making offers since their visit weekends are end of March/early April.

I'm not entirely sure, but I was speaking with a professor today and they thought it was really weird that I hadn't heard from Yale  by now... they made it seem like admissions committees had to submit accepted students names to some sort of larger organized body by now and that since I had not heard chances were slim to none on those schools... essentially, to start picking from the options I had and plan visits if I hadn't already

This is all me reading between the lines of what the professor was saying, of course they did not verbally say this, but I could definitely infer something of this sort.

4 minutes ago, supremethiophene said:

I received an acceptance from brown last Friday. I'm a domestic student, if that helps. I also applied to Columbia but haven't heard anything

Very helpful, thank you!

My friend who has gotten into every single school including top ones like Caltech hasn't heard from Columbia yet. So maybe I don't have to give up hope yet!