Fall 2018 Cycle

ahmed.samy

1 hour ago, syntheticallene said:

I've been stalking this forum for a while now... I figured it was time to say hi!

I've gotten in so far at CU Boulder, KU, and Purdue for organic. I'm still waiting to hear back from Northwestern, U Wisconsin, U Minnesota, U Michigan, and UC Davis. Anyone have timelines for these decisions? I'm getting antsy :wacko:

I said this on this page (not upset, just pointing it out, hah)

Northwestern told me... I believe two weeks ago? It might have been a week. That they were planning on having all domestic decisions completed by the end of the week. I've heard international students are around beginning of February, though.

I -highly- recommend calling Northwestern and asking for a timeline if you need it to calm your nerves (I've actually had super sweet responses everywhere I've called and managed to get ahold of a person). The chemistry graduate person I spoke with there is very kind and very sweet, and didn't mind at all that I asked him for a rough timeline or when to expect to hear from them. I hope this helps! I'd call again but.. Uhhhh. The guy knows my number and name now, hah. Things might have changed since I last talked with him, though.

16 hours ago, matchem95 said:

In my decision email I was told that an official email from the Harvard GSAS would come out tomorrow (the 26th) and info about visiting would come out next week. I'm not sure if that's any indication, but maybe they'll be reviewing applicants through tomorrow? 

Thanks for your help!

12 hours ago, syntheticallene said:

I've been stalking this forum for a while now... I figured it was time to say hi!

I've gotten in so far at CU Boulder, KU, and Purdue for organic. I'm still waiting to hear back from Northwestern, U Wisconsin, U Minnesota, U Michigan, and UC Davis. Anyone have timelines for these decisions? I'm getting antsy :wacko:

I called Davis yesterday and the admissions officer told me that he was expecting the committee to give him the last round of decisions today - so hopefully decisions will be released either today or early next week. He also said that they're going to release all decisions and not just going to ghost people who were denied until the end of March.

Someone complied data for all the submitted gradcafe admission results for the past five years and organized it by subject.  It gives some insight into the typical timeline of admission results for the more competitive schools.

Link to thread :

Chemistry Results: https://imgur.com/a/U5x91

Edited by The way

10 minutes ago, The way said:

Someone complied data for all the submitted gradcafe admission results for the past five years and organized it by subject.  It gives some insight into the typical timeline of admission results for the more competitive schools.

Link to thread :

Chemistry Results: https://imgur.com/a/U5x91

That’s extremely helpful. Thanks! Though it does discourage me since CU boulder and Minnesota both look like they should have sent most of their acceptances.

Does anyone know anything about the state of MIT admissions? I called and they said that they are still rolling until mid February, but it looks like no one has posted decisions this entire week. (Wondering about physical chemistry in particular) 

Thank you! 

On 1/25/2018 at 11:03 PM, Fiain said:

I said this on this page (not upset, just pointing it out, hah)

Northwestern told me... I believe two weeks ago? It might have been a week. That they were planning on having all domestic decisions completed by the end of the week. I've heard international students are around beginning of February, though.

I -highly- recommend calling Northwestern and asking for a timeline if you need it to calm your nerves (I've actually had super sweet responses everywhere I've called and managed to get ahold of a person). The chemistry graduate person I spoke with there is very kind and very sweet, and didn't mind at all that I asked him for a rough timeline or when to expect to hear from them. I hope this helps! I'd call again but.. Uhhhh. The guy knows my number and name now, hah. Things might have changed since I last talked with him, though.

Yikes didn't see your post! Thank you for the advice!

20 hours ago, guest12345 said:

Does anyone know anything about the state of MIT admissions? I called and they said that they are still rolling until mid February, but it looks like no one has posted decisions this entire week. (Wondering about physical chemistry in particular) 

Thank you! 

Wondering this as well...hopefully next week things will pick up

21 hours ago, redevol727 said:

Hi I've been lurking here for quite some time, anyone hear from Columbia or Scripps for the organic chemistry track? Seems like UNC and UW are lost causes for me.

I haven't heard back from scripps either.. not sure when to expect to

Just got an email from Michigan State.

"On behalf of the Chemistry Department Admissions Committee, we are making contact to let you know that your file has moved beyond the preliminary stage. At this point we would like to invite you to visit the Chemistry Department to give us and you a chance to further explore possibility of admissions. We will arrange for your visit to campus and have you meet with faculty and arrange for tours of our facilities if desired. We hope you are able to take advantage of this opportunity. "

Looks like an interview, so that's nerve wracking. But we'll see how it goes?!

39 minutes ago, redevol727 said:

Last year I heard back on 02/21 to say I was rejected. It was just a couple of days before the interviews though so I was expecting it. Scripps is my top choice so best of luck to both of us!

Thanks for telling me this, thats good to know. I was considering emailing to ask when i can expect to hear but i might put that off for a couple of weeks now