Fall 2018 Cycle

ahmed.samy

On 2/3/2018 at 10:37 AM, KentuckyFriedChemistry said:

So I've been checking the forums for UMN-TwinCities, and I've noticed that there's been a good number of rejections it seems that have gone out. I'm still in the 'awaiting program decision' category on the website though? Maybe a waitlist :) ?

I am in the same boat. Same thing is happening with CU boulder for me. 

39 minutes ago, supremethiophene said:

When you login to the application portal for UPenn does your application say "ready for review" or "in review"?

"Ready for Review" but I got the invite for the Open House 12/20

edit: I called Penn an acceptance in my signature because I was told by multiple people that if you're invited to the Open House you're pretty much in unless something severely awful happens.

Edited by NervousChemApplicant

36 minutes ago, supremethiophene said:

When you login to the application portal for UPenn does your application say "ready for review" or "in review"?

Mine just says submitted which doesn't seem like a good sign..

1 hour ago, Orgmet said:

I wish Yale would release decisions already! It's interesting they have a visit date that's so late (first week of April). Maybe that's why they're taking a while...

I feel you, I'd rather get a rejection than just silence so I can stop refreshing my e-mail every 10 min every day.

6 minutes ago, gg.rose said:

No accepted! It says i will receive the official notice soon but that I have been accepted. 

Did you get invited to the open house before or is this the first you've heard from them?

Congratulations!!

Checked the website of the University at Buffalo and found that I've been admitted to the program (the status changed today after business hours), but received no e-mail. Maybe I'll hear from them tomorrow? I'm worried about financial aid though since the website does not mention any assistantship.

8 hours ago, NervousChemApplicant said:

Congrats! Are you international?

8 hours ago, smizz said:

Did you get invited to the open house before or is this the first you've heard from them?

Congratulations!!

Yeah im from NZ so maybe thats why.. because there is 0 chance of me being able to attend due to the cost as its like 20 hours of flying. 

2 hours ago, raul.carmo said:

Checked the website of the University at Buffalo and found that I've been admitted to the program (the status changed today after business hours), but received no e-mail. Maybe I'll hear from them tomorrow? I'm worried about financial aid though since the website does not mention any assistantship.

Congrats!  That is a good school and good location.  I do recall reading that stipends and tuition assistantships are available.  Your stipend should go far in that location.  https://chemistry.buffalo.edu/graduate/financial-support/

Edited by PhD_hopeful_

2 hours ago, ChemDude said:

Has anyone heard from Yale yet? The wait is killing me. I hope they send something this week.

Nope ?? unfortunately, I think it’s bad news looking at how they typically send results historically... I heard they’re usually a little later to send acceptances because they have a late visitation weekend but never THIS late