DAAD 2018-2019

loopyunicorn21

I think that result its different compared even with other master, bc is an EPOS scholarship, and basically it depends of the program that you're applying and everything is direct with the university. I hope to heard something about the DAAD this week. 

6 hours ago, Aline1995 said:

I asked, they said after the committee meeting and that took place in February, so I think if we are unlucky they announce decision in March :( 

by the way, does anyone of you already learn german? I have seen that’s also a selection criteria. 

In the program which I applied for,which is Masters funding for Architects,it is mandatory to know german, and higher german language level means more chances to be chosen.

I've checked many university Zulassungsverfahren, and they ALL require C1 and C2, DSH-2 for german in order to be able to attend the lectures in architecture.

I am not sure if for the other programs, the language plays any significant role. 

Edited by Art21

4 minutes ago, Aline1995 said:

Status still paper copies received

if @loopyunicorn21 is right, we should not expect answer until march 15 :unsure:

My status is still application submitted. DAAD India has informed me that for applicants from India, Srilanka, Bangladesh, and Nepal, the final results will be announced sometime mid-March 2018. 

5 minutes ago, Nabin said:

My status is still application submitted. DAAD India has informed me that for applicants from India, Srilanka, Bangladesh, and Nepal, the final results will be announced sometime mid-March 2018. 

I think that will be for all regions then... i have seen last year people from South America got the result exactly on march 15. :( I could literally cry, I was really hoping for this week! Cannot wait anymore!

1 hour ago, Aline1995 said:

I think that will be for all regions then... i have seen last year people from South America got the result exactly on march 15. :( I could literally cry, I was really hoping for this week! Cannot wait anymore!

Same boat! This has become my last option. I am hoping they at least stick to the dates they say. Still hoping against odds that some of us will at least get to know from the beginning of March.  

@Nabin Are you from India too? If so, how did your interview go? 

Edited by loopyunicorn21

3 hours ago, Aline1995 said:

Were you ever told by the central America office that personal interviews will be conducted? I am feeling anxious because I was going through my emails and had been told that that was a possibility back in November

24 minutes ago, fpc said:

Were you ever told by the central America office that personal interviews will be conducted? I am feeling anxious because I was going through my emails and had been told that that was a possibility back in November

No they never mentioned it to me. Also I know a person from Nicaragua that received DAAD last year and he told me that they removed interviews a few years ago for the Central American region. Maybe it could happen if they have too many applications. 

Edited by Aline1995

7 minutes ago, Aline1995 said:

No they never mentioned it to me. Also I know a person from Nicaragua that received DAAD last year and he told me that they removed interviews a few years ago for the Central American region. Maybe it could happen if they have too many applications. 

ok, uff thank you!