DAAD 2018-2019

loopyunicorn21

Just got the rejection letter, was nice hoping for it, I just wish they didn't keep me dragged like this for 5 months now. hahah They said they had about 315 applicants and 35 can be accepted. (For those who are curious it was the Masters Funding for Architecture 2018/19 Program) Anyway, I wish they could give a more specific reason as to why I got rejected, but well...anw :(

Good luck to everyone else, hopefully you recieve more encouraging results ^^

16 minutes ago, Art21 said:

Just got the rejection letter, was nice hoping for it, I just wish they didn't keep me dragged like this for 5 months now. hahah They said they had about 315 applicants and 35 can be accepted. (For those who are curious it was the Masters Funding for Architecture 2018/19 Program) Anyway, I wish they could give a more specific reason as to why I got rejected, but well...anw :(

Oh :( I am sorry, did your status not change before you received it?

16 minutes ago, Art21 said:

Oh no. I'm so sorry to hear that.  

2 hours ago, Aline1995 said:

Oh :( I am sorry, did your status not change before you received it?

It was preselection made then changed to rejection...I think they send rejections before the interview and keep and handful of people for the interviews afterwards :p.... I am curious as to how they decide who is better and who not. They keep saying to not get discouraged, but there is no worse discouragement than this. Maybe rejections from uni will feel worse, who knows.
Anw I got my toefl results today and I scored 111...lol at least a good news.

13 minutes ago, Art21 said:

It was preselection made then changed to rejection...I think they send rejections before the interview and keep and handful of people for the interviews afterwards :p.... I am curious as to how they decide who is better and who not. They keep saying to not get discouraged, but there is no worse discouragement than this. Maybe rejections from uni will feel worse, who knows.

Yes I also would like to know how exactly they evaluate the applications ! They say they award "points" on the individual parts of an application... but what makes some people get a higher score than others ... i doubt it's only the grades 

5 minutes ago, Aline1995 said:

Yes I also would like to know how exactly they evaluate the applications ! They say they award "points" on the individual parts of an application... but what makes some people get a higher score than others ... i doubt it's only the grades 

I think the impression your applications gives off plays a role too, and maybe the letter of motivation. :| I consider that as insufficient and too judgemental if the letter of motivation plays the biggest role. But maybe thats just me. :|

11 hours ago, Art21 said:

Am so sorry @Art21 But, I am sure some univ and some prof is waiting for you ;)

On 16/02/2018 at 8:49 PM, Art21 said:

Would be worse when you win the scholarship and then don't get admitted in any university. :| I am wondering whether I'll get admitted to any uni since the german language requirements are so devastating for my subject of study. I can't find anyone to consult about this either T^T

Has anyone here already got admitted in any uni yet? In my case I can't start the admission process until June.

Edited by qrn_w

Hi everybody!

For the ones that applied through the US office, I gave them a call today to ask about the status of my application. I got rejected but encouraged to apply in the next term. Oh well...

I was also told that they will start sending out emails regarding the decisions next week. Good luck!

2 hours ago, anfisa said:

Hi everybody!

For the ones that applied through the US office, I gave them a call today to ask about the status of my application. I got rejected but encouraged to apply in the next term. Oh well...

I was also told that they will start sending out emails regarding the decisions next week. Good luck!

Hi anfisa,

I am sorry about your rejection!! 

did you apply for PhD or master?

14 hours ago, fpc said:

Hi anfisa,

I am sorry about your rejection!! 

did you apply for PhD or master?

Hey fpc,

I applied for the short term research grant. I wonder all decisions are sent out more or less around the same time, since the school terms in Germany start in October. I had applied to DAAD like 8 years ago for my masters and I got a response around May - but that was when I applied not from the US.

Hope this helps!

42 minutes ago, JohnG said:

Hey, guys, I am new in the forum and I am applying for german language summer courses.

Does anyone here in the same situation?

Just changed my status to *Selection Made*

I guess you are now a step away for funding. Good luck. Where did you apply from? 

4 hours ago, Muhammad32155 said:

the status "selection made" means daad has finalized the selection procedure. Next they will tell who is selected and who is gonna rejected

Do you also have selection made? I am still on paper copy Received!

Edited by Aline1995

9 hours ago, loopyunicorn21 said:

Mine is still Application submitted. 

Same here, I hope we get to hear something this week.. :)

I wonder has anyone here got admitted to the targeted university for the PhD program?

Edited by qrn_w

2 hours ago, qrn_w said:

Same here, I hope we get to hear something this week.. :)

I wonder has anyone here got admitted to the targeted university for the PhD program?

No. My targeted Univ is RWTH Aachen. And the application for the Oct semester starts only on June 1st. So I dont know how it will go. I have Been asking the admissions in charge, but they are not addressing my query.