DAAD 2018-2019

loopyunicorn21

On 3/19/2018 at 10:52 AM, Miskra said:

Ohh...so stress will just prolongate. Good luck! From where you applied?

Some news from Europe/ Balkan? My status still same...paper copies received, I applied for PhD.

Yes, keeping me waiting :) But better than a rejection! Still no word. 

I'm applying from the US

On 3/27/2018 at 10:09 AM, praveen5321468 said:

In your earlier post, you mentioned that you have received mail about your selection from DAAD indian office. Is it so, as I have also applied for PhD sandwich program but have not received any such mail. :(

Do anyone from DAAD india have received such mail regarding PhD sandwich.  Now another confusion :wacko:

No email here! I was interviewed on Feb 1st. I was told in a reply mail that result will be out in the first week of April. ?

1 hour ago, EarlyModernGermany said:

I got an email this morning directing me to the portal. I got rejected for the short term research. Apparently funded ~30 of the roughly 80 applicants. They have a 10-point rating scale and I was told I barely missed the cut at 8.5.

I am really sorry to hear that. I wish to know how they score it

3 hours ago, Kanha213 said:

No email here! I was interviewed on Feb 1st. I was told in a reply mail that result will be out in the first week of April. ?

I really don't know how  to react.  I was told three different probable date in three different mail. I think they are  still busy  with making decision. people from India who had interview on 30th January  already got  their result. might  be our  turn now.

3 hours ago, EarlyModernGermany said:

I got an email this morning directing me to the portal. I got rejected for the short term research. Apparently funded ~30 of the roughly 80 applicants. They have a 10-point rating scale and I was told I barely missed the cut at 8.5.

Sorry to hear that :(

Edited by praveen5321468

12 hours ago, praveen5321468 said:

I also got rejected :(  In Indian applicant from fancy and reputed University got selected.  I think applicants whose professor have good contact with DAAD only got selected.. Rest forget about it :(.

Really sorry to hear that?

47 minutes ago, TakeMyCoffeeBlack said:

My status now indicates "Funding." Has anyone else's changed? (US long-term research)

No changes yet. Did you receive email notification about the change? (Just lazy to check the portal everytime)

15 minutes ago, Marzhan said:

No changes yet. Did you receive email notification about the change? (Just lazy to check the portal everytime)

No, I checked the portal. It says funding and there's an option for accepting or rejecting the award, but no letter yet.

14 minutes ago, Marzhan said:

Congrats!!! Happy for you!

Thanks! :)

10 minutes ago, TakeMyCoffeeBlack said:

No, I checked the portal. It says funding and there's an option for accepting or rejecting the award, but no letter yet.

Thanks! :)

By the way, may I ask where did you apply and what is your research area?

9 minutes ago, Marzhan said:

By the way, may I ask where did you apply and what is your research area?

I'm already ABD stateside, applying to conduct fieldwork all over (with an affiliation at FU Berlin). My field is political science.