DAAD 2018-2019

loopyunicorn21

3 hours ago, Aline1995 said:

Actually which funding period did you enter in your  application? You apply for full PhD studies right?

yes, I applied for initial funding to start PhD studies. I entered a 3 year period

Edited by fpc

just received notification that my application was rejected. and I am amazed. They say that this year 150 people applied for PHD scholarship and we could only offer 15 students the scholarship. it means that the chances are about 9% for everyone. I'm talking about Iran.

My master GPA is A and my thesis A+. I have one conference paper, one published  Engilsh paper and 2  English manuscripts about to publish. I have worked as the editor-in-chief of the magazine of the best university in the country and so much more. still my application was rejected.

WTF? What do these 15 students have better?

20 minutes ago, Tag said:

just received notification that my application was rejected. and I am amazed. They say that this year 150 people applied for PHD scholarship and we could only offer 15 students the scholarship. it means that the chances are about 9% for everyone. I'm talking about Iran.

My master GPA is A and my thesis A+. I have one conference paper, one published  Engilsh paper and 2  English manuscripts about to publish. I have worked as the editor-in-chief of the magazine of the best university in the country and so much more. still my application was rejected.

WTF? What do these 15 students have better?

Sorry to hear that! :( your background sounds pretty good! Did you see the rejection on the portal or by email?

Edited by Aline1995

31 minutes ago, Aline1995 said:

Sorry to hear that! :( your background sounds pretty good! Did you see the rejection on the portal or by email?

I received an email that I have a new message in the portal. The rejection letter was in the portal.

On 3/14/2018 at 10:03 PM, Aline1995 said:

ok ok and on the portal you only encountered the status "preselection made" before ?

No. The status was changed to application rejected. and a message was already in the portal, which was the decision letter.

the status was preselection made. but when I received the notification it changed to application rejected.

Good luck my friend.

Short-term research grant

USA

---

I called then 2 weeks ago and they said I did not get the fellowship, but that was a no official result. Today my status changed to "selection made" and I got the following email (from bonn):

"Unfortunately we are not able to award you with a DAAD research scholarship at this point, since we have a limited budget at our disposal. However, our selection committee did review your proposal favorably and recommended you for funding this year.

Currently, some extra funds for short-term grants have come available, but we are not sure how they will be allocated. We would like you to know, that there is a chance we can fund your proposal. We hope to know more about the funding situation in the next couple of weeks and will notify you as soon as we can of the final decisions in the DAAD portal.

If you would like to stay in our pool of applicants we don´t need you to do anything, but if you need to withdraw due to other commitments, please let us know. 

Thanks for your patience: Also: I will not be able to reply to any Emails from you at this point. Thank you for your understanding!"

58 minutes ago, Luiza N. A. said:

Short-term research grant

USA

---

I called then 2 weeks ago and they said I did not get the fellowship, but that was a no official result. Today my status changed to "selection made" and I got the following email (from bonn):

"Unfortunately we are not able to award you with a DAAD research scholarship at this point, since we have a limited budget at our disposal. However, our selection committee did review your proposal favorably and recommended you for funding this year.

Currently, some extra funds for short-term grants have come available, but we are not sure how they will be allocated. We would like you to know, that there is a chance we can fund your proposal. We hope to know more about the funding situation in the next couple of weeks and will notify you as soon as we can of the final decisions in the DAAD portal.

If you would like to stay in our pool of applicants we don´t need you to do anything, but if you need to withdraw due to other commitments, please let us know. 

Thanks for your patience: Also: I will not be able to reply to any Emails from you at this point. Thank you for your understanding!"

My husband got the exact same email today 

Hi guys!

Any news/feedback on Graduate Scholarships (all disciplines)? Also, do you know if they send results to students of humanities and tech/natural sciences separately (at different times), since our interviews were held separately too?

Good luck to everyone and thanks in advance! :)

On 3/16/2018 at 8:52 PM, Archie011 said:

Hi guys!

Any news/feedback on Graduate Scholarships (all disciplines)? Also, do you know if they send results to students of humanities and tech/natural sciences separately (at different times), since our interviews were held separately too?

Good luck to everyone and thanks in advance! :)

Archie011 hey man i applied for  Graduate Scholarships (all disciplines), i was told the results are this week, my status is application submitted untill now.

but now the daad portal seems to have an error or somthing.. i log in and its only a planl page with daad logo on the top.. what about you? 

43 minutes ago, asfold said:

Archie011 hey man i applied for  Graduate Scholarships (all disciplines), i was told the results are this week, my status is application submitted untill now.

but now the daad portal seems to have an error or somthing.. i log in and its only a planl page with daad logo on the top.. what about you? 

Hello!

Same here, it could be some scheduled maintenance, or they could be prepping us for some (bad) news (mass rejection haha) :) I am worried because some people (although all of them humanities students, and I'm applying for mechanical engineering) got their acceptance email on Thursday, and my status is still "Vorauswahl erfolgt", no email.

Whichever way, I wish you good luck and keep us posted. I will post if something happens.

For the record, my DAAD office is the one for Eastern Europe and Turkey, application deadline 15th of November and I had the interview in early February.

6 minutes ago, Archie011 said:

Hello!

Same here, it could be some scheduled maintenance, or they could be prepping us for some (bad) news (mass rejection haha) :) I am worried because some people (although all of them humanities students, and I'm applying for mechanical engineering) got their acceptance email on Thursday, and my status is still "Vorauswahl erfolgt", no email.

Whichever way, I wish you good luck and keep us posted. I will post if something happens.

For the record, my DAAD office is the one for Eastern Europe and Turkey, application deadline 15th of November and I had the interview in early February.

I applied for PhD, but also from East Europe and no news...so we hope that for our part of the world they still didnt make selections and that they will soon :-)

My portal also doesnt work, deadline was the same, just it wasnt interview for PhD for my country

2 hours ago, Archie011 said:

Hello!

hahha imagine a mass rejection.. i hope they are updating statuses now for tomorrow..

i called the Bonn office and they said  results are out last week..

my deadline was September 1st and i had no interview.. 

thanks and good luck to you too..

one thing: my status was ''application submitted'' all the time it didn't change to '' pre-selection made'' or ''hard copies received''  

does that mean anything ? :P

Edited by asfold