DAAD 2018-2019

loopyunicorn21

6 hours ago, delta595 said:

Hey people, today I received an e-mail with news about the scholarship. So keep an eye on your e-mails. (My portal still says Application Submitted.)

For the record, I applied for a Masters scholarship, and I'm from Australasia.

Oh seems like all applicants from that region Received update. Did you get accepted?

For PhD applicant from India. Result will be declared in last week of march. Best of luck for every one. I still have a question. What is the chance of getting fellowship after interview. Any idea as this time period is killing me ?????

Edited by praveen5321468

Hey there people. I have applied for the Ph.D. research scholarship and still, I haven't received any email regarding the final decision.

I applied for the scholarship in Aug 2017. After that, I transferred paper copies of my documents and the status changed to "paper copy received" in the portal.

Then I was selected for an interview and the status of my application changed to "preselection made" in Oct 2017.

At the day of the interview, they told me that they will publish the final results in March. Still no news.

I talked to the branch in Tehran and they said that due to German governmental issues, there will be a delay in the announcements of the results.

Subj: Paleontology. Location: Iran.

Edited by Tag

1 hour ago, Tag said:

Hey there people. I have applied for the Ph.D. research scholarship and still, I haven't received any email regarding the final decision.

I applied for the scholarship in Aug 2017. After that, I transferred paper copies of my documents and the status changed to "paper copy received" in the portal.

Then I was selected for an interview and the status of my application changed to "preselection made" in Oct 2017.

At the day of the interview, they told me that they will publish the final results in March. Still no news.

I talked to the branch in Tehran and they said that due to German governmental issues, there will be a delay in the announcements of the results.

Subj: Paleontology. Location: Iran.

Welcome:) I am also PhD applicant. Wow.. it seems they change the statuses randomly :huh: I mean I haven’t had an interview but some people here had and I can’t recall that they also have „preselection made“

I have also applied from Iran. My application statue was "preselection made" until Friday. I received an email which asked me to visit DAAD portal, where I received a message indicating my acceptance. I applied for a 9-month research stay but they grant me a 6-month scholarship.

1 hour ago, eli1989 said:

I have also applied from Iran. My application statue was "preselection made" until Friday. I received an email which asked me to visit DAAD portal, where I received a message indicating my acceptance. I applied for a 9-month research stay but they grant me a 6-month scholarship.

Congrats on your acceptance! May I ask when was your application deadline? 

Edited by elicia

2 hours ago, eli1989 said:

Congratulations. Are you already a PhD student?

6 hours ago, eli1989 said:

wow..another good news! congratulations! :)

1 hour ago, sidopac said:

My status has changed to application rejected. I applied for PhD program. 

Good luck guys

Sorry to hear that. May I ask where did you apply from? I  have applied for a long-term Ph.D. funding from South Asia.

Edited by Nabin

47 minutes ago, sidopac said:

My status has changed to application rejected. I applied for PhD program. 

Good luck guys

:( Was It long term funding?  Seems like Status “selection made” doesn’t exist anymore 

Edited by Aline1995