CMU Heinz 2018

yoh_rrg

On 2018/2/11 at 7:55 PM, anmanya said:

Hi all. 

Even though I submitted my application well in time, I still haven't received the video link. Probably because it still shows on my portal that they haven't received my transcript. I'm an international student and I had asked WES to send in my transcripts but it seems they haven't been received by Heinz. Until and unless my application is complete, I won't be able to access the link. I did contact them and I received a generic email stating I should wait till 28th Feb before contacting them about my documents. It's just that I feel that it's too late already. What do you guys think I should do? Isn't it too late already?

I have a feeling my application won't even get reviewed because of this :/ 

just so you know, me too...

1 hour ago, byc123456 said:

just so you know, me too...

Hey guys, same here. My application is still incomplete because they have not received the official transcripts. Just don't worry, until Feb 28th we just have to wait.

My application has just become complete and ready for review. I received the email with the interview invitation which I will complete this weekend. I suppose those that haven't received the link yet, will be receiving it in the upcoming days.

41 minutes ago, hdmm3 said:

My application has just become complete and ready for review. I received the email with the interview invitation which I will complete this weekend. I suppose those that haven't received the link yet, will be receiving it in the upcoming days.

Oh thanks for letting us know. 

Do you think it'll reflect badly if someone doesn't opt for a video interview? Esp for an international applicant?

20 minutes ago, anmanya said:

Oh thanks for letting us know. 

Do you think it'll reflect badly if someone doesn't opt for a video interview? Esp for an international applicant?

I cannot find why as an international applicant someone would not make the interview. If your speaking scores are not strong, you have an opportunity to compensate. If your speaking scores are strong hopefully you won't have any problem with the interview, if you screw up you still have high speaking scores. Have in mind the interview is used by the AdCom as a differential factor when two applications are very similar.

4 minutes ago, hdmm3 said:

I cannot find why as an international applicant someone would not make the interview. If your speaking scores are not strong, you have an opportunity to compensate. If your speaking scores are strong hopefully you won't have any problem with the interview, if you screw up you still have high speaking scores. Have in mind the interview is used by the AdCom as a differential factor when two applications are very similar.

Alright, that's very helpful. Thank you!

On 2/11/2018 at 5:55 AM, anmanya said:

Hi all. 

Even though I submitted my application well in time, I still haven't received the video link. Probably because it still shows on my portal that they haven't received my transcript. I'm an international student and I had asked WES to send in my transcripts but it seems they haven't been received by Heinz. Until and unless my application is complete, I won't be able to access the link. I did contact them and I received a generic email stating I should wait till 28th Feb before contacting them about my documents. It's just that I feel that it's too late already. What do you guys think I should do? Isn't it too late already?

I have a feeling my application won't even get reviewed because of this :/ 

I called Carnegie Mellon a month ago and asked this exactly, same case, same date.  They told me that if it's in by February it's all good. So don't worry and good luck :)

16 minutes ago, UrbanPolicy&Development said:

My MSPPM application was noted as finally complete a few days ago. I completed the video interview last night... I really wish I had spent more time preparing for it. The questions move very quickly! I hope it doesn't matter too much for admissions. I can't imagine it does. 

if you're identical (or as close as one can be to an admissions team), they'll choose the interview candidate 9/10 times. I think that's the largest impact. 

38 minutes ago, AddSmith said:

if you're identical (or as close as one can be to an admissions team), they'll choose the interview candidate 9/10 times. I think that's the largest impact. 

Oh well. 

37 minutes ago, AddSmith said:

I'm expecting them in about 2-3 weeks. Last year, it was a lot of beginning - mid-March! 

I think mid-March makes sense -- seeing as how flooded they were with applications. 

5 minutes ago, UrbanPolicy&Development said:

Congrats!! For those of you who were just accepted, when was your application marked “complete”?

I was marked complete January 29, and finished my video interview on February 9!