HGSE Fall 2014

Edupunk

Don't worry when one of us finds out, all of us finds out. I think this thread is heavily trafficked on the Google search results (hence the high view rate), so it wouldn't be too surprising if some rando came in and added that just to troll. Though the benefit of the doubt is always nice, too. ;)

Anyway, I'm saying next week. I hope.

Fellow EdM applicant freaking out over here!! :-) I had put this all out of my mind since the start of the new year, but now it's all I can think about!!

My application page looks exactly the same as it did the day I submitted it. Is that normal?! It's making me nervous. All items have been received (payment, GRE scores, application, and 3 LORs). Financial Aid application and documents are in, too. I wish they would send something just to let us know we're all set!!!

My application page looks exactly the same as it did the day I submitted it. Is that normal?! It's making me nervous. 

Mine looks the same too! No need to worry :) I think it will stay like this until the notifications go out

Mine looks the same too! No need to worry :) I think it will stay like this until the notifications go out

Thanks, HigherEd! I know it's silly to get nervous and worked up - and I've done so well for almost 2 months. The decision is most likely already made and completely out of my hands. I just want to know!!

Thanks, HigherEd! I know it's silly to get nervous and worked up - and I've done so well for almost 2 months. The decision is most likely already made and completely out of my hands. I just want to know!!

Haha no need to tell me how you feel, I've been obsessing over this for way too long now. It seems like you've had a better handle on things that I have! But now that you're here, welcome to the club :) 

Does anyone know if the application status on the apply now site change? right now mine still says (for the past 6 weeks), 

"Please allow time for the processing of your application materials; while certain items will update in real-time, others require manual updating from HGSE Admissions office staff. We begin processing application materials in mid-December and will continue to do so throughout January.

A status of "Awaiting" does not necessarily mean that we have not received your materials; we may have received them but may not yet have matched them to your application. We encourage you to come back to this page frequently to check on the status of your application."

Will it ever change into "application under review" or is an email just going to come in March and tell me if I'm admitted or not  :wacko:

Does anyone know if the application status on the apply now site change? right now mine still says (for the past 6 weeks), 

"Please allow time for the processing of your application materials; while certain items will update in real-time, others require manual updating from HGSE Admissions office staff. We begin processing application materials in mid-December and will continue to do so throughout January.

A status of "Awaiting" does not necessarily mean that we have not received your materials; we may have received them but may not yet have matched them to your application. We encourage you to come back to this page frequently to check on the status of your application."

Will it ever change into "application under review" or is an email just going to come in March and tell me if I'm admitted or not  :wacko:

According to the HGSE website, it says Ed.M. notifications will be made available online March 24th?

According to the HGSE website, it says Ed.M. notifications will be made available online March 24th?

According to the results page and last year's HGSE thread, it seems like Ed.M. notifications came out around the first full week of March. Hopefully it's that way this year too so we don't actually have to wait until the 24th.

According to the results page and last year's HGSE thread, it seems like Ed.M. notifications came out around the first full week of March. Hopefully it's that way this year too so we don't actually have to wait until the 24th.

I sure hope so! This waiting is driving me nuts!

I called HGSE this morning to ask when their visit days will be because I have to let my work know if I potentially need any days off in the next six weeks.

The person that answered was not very nice and didn't not want to help me/look up the information. When I asked if there was someone else I could talk to that might know she put me on hold to "ask a collegue." When she came back she told me that she could not tell me the dates and it would be sometime in April. :/

I called HGSE this morning to ask when their visit days will be because I have to let my work know if I potentially need any days off in the next six weeks.

The person that answered was not very nice and didn't not want to help me/look up the information. When I asked if there was someone else I could talk to that might know she put me on hold to "ask a collegue." When she came back she told me that she could not tell me the dates and it would be sometime in April. :/

I think last year's admitted weekend was the first week of April?

It was the first week of March. 

I think they mean the visiting weekend, not when the decisions are sent out. :)

Also it makes sense that they'd be mum on the date for the admitted weekend. Isn't it almost like a right of passage when you find out your accepted (and then to promptly post it on the Results page)?

Just curious how many times a day people are checking this forum? I'm basically here hourly, even though it's the weekend and I know there won't be any updates... It's hard to think of much else hey?

I'm here at least once every half an hour. My OCD will be at its peak this whole week. I hope we'll hear back by Friday!