The Graduate Institute Geneva(IHEID) 2017-2018

1 minute ago, Nupur11 said:

No harm in applying, most get scholarships so I have heard and they have no application fee. 

yes you're right. maybe i should apply. i'm thinking about applying there by february.

On ‎19‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 9:39 PM, Asaad Khan said:

Hi cjs1822. Welcome here.  How could an overall score of 71% translate into a GPA of just 2.89/2.9? If you've converted it yourself then are you sure you've converted it the correct way?. Get it converted from the official authority if you haven't done that already. 

Hey Asaad. We receive a score as well as a grade. So when you average the scores, it's 71%, but if I would use the grades and a gpa calculator, I get a 2.8.

The universities in Australia really don't talk about GPA and if they do, it's on a 7 point scale.

Most people I've seen getting accepted have GPAs around 3.3 or higher, so I'm most concerned about this part of my application :/

On ‎20‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 7:07 AM, Vivere said:

Hi cjs1822! Welcome aboard! 

I wouldn't worry much about the GPA. The selection is multifactorial and I'm sure a strong SoP and LoRs will help you. 

I can understand though that at this stage self-doubt is inevitable.... so hang in there! All the best!! 

Hopefully! I heard on the webinar they said that strong LoRs and a strong SoP won't really make up for weak grades. The question is what they consider weak though.

I also wrote in my SoP that I would be happy to be considered for the masters of sociology and anthropology of development, so fingers crossed! Good luck to you too :D

2 hours ago, cjs1822 said:

Hopefully! I heard on the webinar they said that strong LoRs and a strong SoP won't really make up for weak grades. The question is what they consider weak though.

I also wrote in my SoP that I would be happy to be considered for the masters of sociology and anthropology of development, so fingers crossed! Good luck to you too :D

In one of these boards, there were a couple of candidates with average grades who got into the program. So let's hope for the best! 

Um, okay guys, my application got postponed to be evaluated in this round (I applied for the early bird application) - would you know if that is a bad sign or very normal? It really has freaked me out, and now with the results approaching, I have been doubting my application again and again.

Does anyone know people who have already been admitted to the disciplinary courses?

6 hours ago, cjs1822 said:

Just received an email from the institute saying that we will have the decision "by mid-march"

Hi cjs1822! Haven't you applied for MDev? I too have applied for that but I got no email from the institute about the mid-March decision announcement. ?

Frankly, I'm worried now..... how come it was not send to everyone.... 

Anyone else got that mail? 

5 hours ago, Vivere said:

Hi cjs1822! Haven't you applied for MDev? I too have applied for that but I got no email from the institute about the mid-March decision announcement. ?

Frankly, I'm worried now..... how come it was not send to everyone.... 

Anyone else got that mail? 

Neither did I and I applied for an interdisciplinary program as well. 

16 hours ago, Sula said:

I have already been accepted in the International Law Masters in early admission; however, my scholarship application was postponed to be decided in March =/

Ah, thanks for letting me know and heartiest congratulations to you. All the very best for the scholarship, too. Would you know anyone applying for ANSO being accepted too?

8 hours ago, Nupur11 said:

Neither did I and I applied for an interdisciplinary program as well. 

As per their website, decisions for interdisciplinary programs will be given in mid- March. So only early applicants for disciplinary programs might have received the mail.

Edited by first_rain

3 hours ago, Akansha said:

February is ALMOST over :D Phew 

Lol! Akansha! I was waiting for that comment. ?

Inevitability never felt so good... 

Edited by Vivere

3 hours ago, Autumn Springs said:

Does anyone know what are the chances of getting scholarship from IHEID or SciencesPo PSIA? :ph34r:

What are my chances of receiving a scholarship?

Approximately, 25% of all first year students receive a scholarship.

According to this http://graduateinstitute.ch/admissions/FAQ

It's March guys! It's March! 

1 hour ago, toyer said:

What are my chances of receiving a scholarship?

Approximately, 25% of all first year students receive a scholarship.

According to this http://graduateinstitute.ch/admissions/FAQ

It's March guys! It's March! 

Meaning thereby, all else equal, we have a 7.5% chance of being accepted and getting a scholarship (Assuming 30% of people get accepted).